Talent Acquisition and Onboarding Coordinator
Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
The Talent Acquisition and Onboarding Coordinator understands that employees are our most valuable resource and ensures we are hiring team members that are knowledgeable, proactive, reliable, and welcoming. The Talent Acquisition and Onboarding Coordinator provides a positive onboarding experience in collaboration with the hiring manager; and ensures that newly hired employees are provided access to fulfill the hiring process, elect benefits, and complete compliance training programs as assigned.
- Talent Acquisition: Identify effective sourcing strategies through job posting sites, social media, networking, referrals and other resources to attract the best candidates for available opportunities. Deliver on an exceptional candidate experience to source and screen potential candidates, partnering with the hiring manager and selection committee through the interview and selection process. Creates and issues official offer letter and wage statement to all full-time employees and part-time staff and tracks for timely return. Meets with all full-time employees and part-time staff on the first day of employment to ensure all new hire documentation is complete and the Form I-9 is verified per federal requirements.
- Partner Agency Interface: Collaborates with partner agencies to train on the University process for securing access for Contracted Partner Employees. Interfaces with partner constituents to receive and respond to requests for access.
- Administration: Processes all hires for full-time employees, part-time staff, and Contracted Partner employees in the HR module of Banner. Announces all entered employees to campus constituents within 2 business days of receiving signed acceptance or notification by partner agencies of added colleagues.
- Onboarding: Provide a robust and positive onboarding experience to acclimate employees to the University culture and environment for all to include: employee orientation to the University, enrollment into the new employee module of the Lutheran Identity Seminar, providing first-level assistance with benefit enrollment questions, and conducting scheduled check in calls with new employees to provide support and receive feedback on their experience for continued enhancement of the onboarding process.
- Web Presence: Maintain accurate and timely updates on the Human Resources page of the University website. Partner with University colleagues to create and maintain a social media presence for recruitment efforts.
- Talent Acquisition Analytics: Track analytical data regarding all facets of the hiring process - to include sourcing effectiveness, time-to-fill and acceptance rate -while initiating and driving special projects intended to elevate the recruitment process resulting in high caliber candidates.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Master's Degree Preferred
- HR Certification Preferred (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, HRCI-PHR, HRCI-SPHR)
- Preferred 1+ years - Previous HR experience, including previous talent acquisition and onboarding experience.
- Preferred 1+ years - Experience with online applicant tracking systems, learning management software, and online training delivery
- Required - Familiarity with rules, laws, and regulations pertaining to human resources and higher education
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- PC experience including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, WebEx, and Blackboard preferred
- A high degree of integrity and ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
- Highly developed skills in written and oral communication, human relations, and creative problem solving.
- Ability to relate well to others and build effective business relationships.
- Good project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
It is the policy of CSP to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. The University will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, gender, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
However, CSP is an institution of the LCMS and, to the extent allowed by law, CSP reserves the right to give preference in employment based on religious tenets.
The mission of Concordia University, St Paul, a university of The Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod, is to prepare students for thoughtful and informed living, for dedicated service to God and humanity, and for enlightened care of God's creation, all within the context of the Christian gospel. This mission is rooted in academic excellence and Christian vocation.
The vision of Concordia University, Saint Paul, is to be acknowledged as the leading Lutheran university offering exceptional opportunities for students from all backgrounds who seek relevant career preparation and a challenging academic experience coupled with the insights of Lutheran theology.
Promise to Students – Concordia University, Saint Paul, empowers you to discover and engage your purpose for life, career and service, in a dynamic, multicultural, urban environment, where Christ is honored, all are welcome, and Lutheran convictions inform intellectual inquiry and academic pursuits.
Concordia University owns a 41-acre campus just West of Downtown St. Paul with easy access to light-rail and bus transportation. Only blocks away from popular Summit and Grand Avenues, restaurants, shopping, and cultural activities abound. Concordia is known to have one of the most racially and ethnically diverse university student bodies in the state of Minnesota.
To apply click Talent Acquisition and Onboarding Coordinator