Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Dorsey & Whitney
Dorsey & Whitney is a trusted legal advisor and valued business partner with locations across the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. We are a premier legal counselor to companies worldwide in a wide range of industries, including banking & financial institutions; development & infrastructure; energy & natural resources; food, beverage & agribusiness; healthcare; and technology.
We are seeking a Recruiting Assistant to join the Human Resources department in our Minneapolis office. In this role, you will provide administrative support to the Staff Recruiting team while representing a strong client focus in our high-performance culture. Key responsibilities will include maintaining the applicant tracking system, posting ads, arranging interview schedules, and providing general recruiting support. If you are highly organized and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a collaborative team, then we would love to hear from you.
What you will do:
- Provide general administrative support to the Staff Recruiting department and regional offices.
- Maintain applicant tracking system, including processing new applications, updating statuses, running reports, and following procedures for closing out open positions. As requested, provide applicant tracking system support to hiring managers.
- Post and remove recruiting ads on a variety of external and internal job sites.
- Monitor and update recruiting spreadsheet on a daily basis.
- As requested, add recruiting agencies to applicant tracking system when approved. In coordination with Senior Staff Recruiter, ensure that staffing agency agreements are up to date.
- Schedule and coordinate in-person, phone, and video-conference interviews with job applicants. As needed, reserve conference rooms and set up video-conferences between offices. Collect and distribute interview evaluations.
- Send testing to candidates for positions firm-wide, as directed. Greet candidates who are scheduled to interview and/or test in the Minneapolis office.
- Conduct candidate reference checks.
- Draft and send correspondence, including requisition approval emails to hiring managers, offer letters and new hire forms to candidates.
- Submit background checks after receiving candidate authorization; maintain applicable database.
- Upload documents into HRIS system and file candidate documents electronically on department drive.
- Monitor and provide timely responses to the department email inbox.
- Collect new hire orientation schedules from hiring managers. Assist with New Hire Orientation, as needed.
- Review, submit, and track all invoices and payment requests to Finance department.
- Track and order support staff service awards and quarterly North Star awards.
- Respond to employment verifications; respond to unemployment claims and upload documents to personnel files. As directed, pull personnel records.
- Assign new employee ID numbers and send onboarding; work closely with hiring managers to ensure accurate and timely completion of onboarding. Provide guidance with I-9/E-verify issues.
- Process Minneapolis new hires through E-verify within the required timeframe.
- Assist with miscellaneous HR projects, as needed.
- Serve as back up to Senior Staff Recruiter, as needed.
- May be requested to perform other duties not mentioned above.
What we’re looking for:
- High School degree or G.E.D. equivalent.
- At least 1 year of experience working in a professional office environment.
- Ability to type at least 40 wpm.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to organize and maintain records.
- Ability to work independently under pressure, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with information.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to represent the firm to candidates, clients, and visitors in a positive and professional manner.
- Strong customer/client service focus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and document management systems. Preferred:
- Previous experience working in Human Resources, law firms, and/or in a professional services organization.
Dorsey values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive workplace. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Dorsey & Whitney LLP is an EEO/AAP/Disabled Vets Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
To apply click Recruiting Assistant