Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Careers that Change Lives
At Medtronic, we value what makes you unique. Be part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress and deliver meaningful innovations.
As a member of Operations PDP Technical Sourcing, you will lead and drive supplier selection, component and supplier development, and component qualification through effective partnership with external suppliers and internal design and development teams in the Peripheral Vascular Heath (PVH) Operating Unit. The Principal Technical Sourcing Specialist will be involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures.
Come for a job, stay for a career!
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Leads or leverages cross-functional teams to evaluate, develop, qualify and manage supplier projects for new product development programs.
• Oversees and manages the supplier aspects of projects and serves as liaison between Ops Core Team Member, project management, project team, and line management.
• Provide leadership in technical sourcing across the department.
• Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and develops resolutions to meet schedule, budget, cost, productivity, quality, and functionality goals and objectives.
• Communicates with stakeholders, obtains stakeholder engagement to ensure the suppliers and components meet business needs.
• Define supplier selection, component and supplier development, and component qualification strategy.
• Drive supplier requirements and supplier performance objectives by collaborating effectively with cross-functional partners to clarify design intent, identify critical features, and assess feature risks.
• Support department goals and initiatives.
• Drive Design for Reliability and Manufacturability (DRM) with suppliers to deliver high quality parts & devices resulting in higher first-time quality and capability with greater cost, program and launch predictability.
• Utilize and deploy skillsets in Design, Reliability & Manufacturability (DRM), Six Sigma (incl. Process Capability & Gauge R&R), Process Characterization and Project Management.
• Ability & willingness to travel 10 – 25%.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Nice to Have
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
• You will demonstrate critical thinking, ability to collaborate and create alignment, generate ideas and set high standards.
• Experience in new product development would be an advantage.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Strong leadership, organizational, presentation and project management skills are desirable.
• Experience in Lean/6 Sigma tools an advantage.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
To apply click Principal Technical Sourcing Specialist