Principal Technical Sourcing Specialist
Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Careers that Change Lives
At Medtronic, we value what makes you unique. Be part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress and deliver meaningful innovations. As a member of Operations PDP Technical Sourcing, you will lead and drive supplier selection, component and supplier development, and component qualification through effective partnership with external suppliers and internal design and development teams in the Cardiac Surgery Operating Unit. The Principal Technical Sourcing Specialist will be involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures.
Come for a job, stay for a career!
A Day in the Life
As the Principal Technical Sourcing Specialist you will:
- Lead or leverage cross-functional teams to evaluate, develop, qualify and manage supplier projects for new product development programs.
- Oversee and manage the supplier aspects of projects and serves as liaison between Ops Core Team Member, project management, project team, and line management.
- Provide leadership in technical sourcing across the department.
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and develops resolutions to meet schedule, budget, cost, productivity, quality, and functionality goals and objectives.
- Communicate with stakeholders, obtain stakeholder engagement to ensure the suppliers and components meet business needs.
- Define supplier selection, component and supplier development, and component qualification strategy.
- Drive supplier requirements and supplier performance objectives by collaborating effectively with cross-functional partners to clarify design intent, identify critical features, and assess feature risks.
- Support department goals and initiatives.
- Drive Design for Reliability and Manufacturability (DRM) with suppliers to deliver high quality parts & devices resulting in higher first-time quality and capability with greater cost, program and launch predictability.
- Utilize and deploy skillsets in Design, Reliability & Manufacturability (DRM), Six Sigma (incl. Process Capability & Gauge R&R), Process Characterization and Project Management.
- Ability & willingness to travel 10 – 25%.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Nice to Have
- Experience in medical device industry.
- 7+ years in a sourcing, project management, or product development role
- Project management experience
- Proven communication, leadership, and interpersonal and team building skills
- Influence skills to achieve results across a matrixed organization
- Ability to manage multiple technologies and priority changes while consistently meeting customer needs
- Broad technical knowledge / background
- Proven track record negotiating with complex projects
- Lean Sigma experience
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
To apply click Principal Technical Sourcing Specialist