Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The Executive Engagement Specialist is responsible for providing a high-touch, personalized engagement and onboarding experience for executive talent prospects and new hires. In this role, the Executive Engagement Specialist will gain cross-functional experience within U.S. Bank and establish key partnerships with that will enable them to answer a broad range of Senior Leader questions and/or reach out to partners to resolve questions and meet leaders’ needs quickly.
This role requires a high level of executive presence, excellent written and verbal communication skills, precise time and project management skills, an appreciation for urgency, and highly developed problem-solving skills.
1. Partner with Executive Recruiters to coordinate search activities, including but not limited to:
- Participate in intake, update, and debrief calls
- Create search update decks, tracking status of candidates and prospects throughout the process
- Schedule intake, update and debrief calls with hiring manager and/or search firms
- Schedule interviews (phone, video and in person) with candidates and the interview panel, requiring partnership with various EAs and AAs throughout the company
2. Schedule travel, hotel and car service for candidates as part of the interview scheduling process
3. Providing an exceptional onsite experience to our hosted candidates and prospects
4. Creation and delivery of personalized gift bags and welcome notes to candidate’s hotel
5. Collaborate with others on the recruiting team on initiatives and/or hiring needs. Willingness to juggle multiple priorities and projects
6. Engage new executive leaders’ hiring managers to:
- Introduce the executive onboarding program and establish trust
- Determine key partners with whom new leaders will meet during their first few weeks with U.S. Bank
- Discuss and determine whether to engage executive coaching services
- Identify and arrange time to meet with new leaders’ peer coaches prior to day one
- Determine whether in-team administrative support is available for ordering equipment, scheduling, securing badge and access management, etc.
7. Ensure new leaders’ security badges, access management, and phone and IT equipment are secured and ready prior to day one
8. Personalize the Executive Onboarding Guide and upload to new leaders’ laptop before day one
9. Schedule first weeks’ partner meetings and record on new leaders’ Outlook calendar in a manner that will (a) introduce partners in a logical order, and (b) allow sufficient time for required training, team lunches and socialization, and downtime to review company resources
10. Reach out to new leaders prior to day one to introduce the executive onboarding liaison role, request any necessary pre-hire information, and answer any questions
11. Act as a dedicated executive onboarding liaison for all new executive talent and leaders during, at a minimum, their first week with U.S. Bank:
- Greet new leaders on day one, and escort them to their permanent or temporary workspace in the Twin Cities
- Partner with IT support to walk new leaders through initial system and security password set-up on day one
- Walk new leaders through the Executive Onboarding Guide, sharing overviews of company and team structure, essential U.S. Bank programs and processes, key dates, health and executive benefits, and first weeks’ partner meetings
- During the first week, check in with new leaders frequently to answer any immediate questions they may have
- Introduce Executive Coaching; arrange coaching interviews if appropriate
12. Partner with key stakeholders as necessary:
- Partner with IT support to solve equipment ordering issues, ensure all necessary equipment is ordered and ready on day one, and arrange a representative to walk through password and security set-up on day one
- Partner with Properties Management to secure temporary (week one) workspace in the Twin Cities for new leaders located remotely
- Engage Compensation, Benefits, Payroll and other Human Resources partners as necessary to answer questions and resolve any issues new leaders present
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Seven or more years of recruiting coordinator, onboarding, or
executive administration related experience
Proven ability to influence others and lead teams not under own managerial hierarchy.
Ability to build strong and effective personal relationships that enable the accomplishment of business objectives.
Role regularly interacts with Vice Chairs and their support staff, as well as Senior Leader and Executive Level candidates (Grade 19+).
Excellent presentation design capabilities.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills including listening for understanding.
Strong project management and systems management experience.
Ability to quickly analyze issues, problem solve, and keep projects moving forward.
Ability to manage multiple priorities and act with urgency and assist others with their workloads as necessary.
Ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data from a variety of sources. Individual may also assist in training junior Executive Engagement Specialist.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Our 74,000 employees work across departments to help our millions of retail, business, wealth management, payment, commercial and corporate, and investment services customers across the country and around the world turn their dreams into reality. Our employees are empowered to create change and drive our future, and we pride ourselves on diligently and ethically upholding U.S. Bank’s best-in-class financial record and legacy of more than 150 years in banking. Most importantly, we put people first, cultivating and treasuring meaningful relationships with the customers we serve, the colleagues we support and the communities where we live and work.
To apply click Executive Recruiting Engagement Specialist