Employee Experience Coordinator/Recruiter
Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Minneapolis College of Art and Design
The Employee Experience Coordinator/Recruiter plays a critical role in supporting MCAD employees – future and current. This role will exemplify the qualities of MCAD’s Office of Human Resources – namely being a valuable resource within the college by being knowledgeable, responsive, and approachable. The role helps optimize and improve the employee experience, helping to create a more meaningful and satisfying work experiences, whether that be for new faculty, staff, or student workers. The Employee Experience Coordinator/Recruiter will support various employee focused programs, provide operational and administrative support, and be responsible for other ad-hoc projects and assignments as needed. This role must be sensitive to college needs, employee and student goodwill, and overall brand equity of MCAD as an employer.
- Manages contents of and delivers the New Employee Orientation (NEO), New Faculty Orientation (NFO), and New Student Worker Orientation (NSWO) presentations; ensure the information is current and assist with new hire orientation activities.
- Partners with the HR team to plan, execute and manage various employee surveys and feedback loops; administer survey platforms.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs and monitors ‘Impressions’ in Paylocity.
- Maintains and coordinates Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other groups within ‘Community’ in Paylocity.
- Serves as a main point of contact for student employees, providing guidance and assistance with needs and issues. Guides students to appropriate resources on campus.
- Conducts intakes of employee relations issues, accommodation requests, and other employee needs, escalating as needed to members of the HR team.
- Through both the HRIS and physical files, oversees and maintains personnel files for past and active MCAD employees including processing of new hires, status changes, promotions, transfers, and separations.
- Assists employees with common questions as it relates to self-service in Paylocity.
- Performs regular employee record data integrity, payroll and benefits checks (status, classifications, accruals errors, etc.), identify root causes, and correct records as needed.
- In collaboration with the AVP of HR, facilitates WELL+ Employee Experience and Well-being programming including scheduling, research, communications, and employee support.
- In collaboration with the Payroll/HRIS Coordinator, identifies any end user (employee) issues within the HRIS to ensure the system is meeting employee and manager needs.
- In collaboration with the Sr. HR Generalist, will oversee the Exit Interview Survey process and may conduct exit Interviews. Compiles exit interview feedback, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the AVP of HR for improvements and enhancements to the employee experience.
- Supports hiring managers with job requisitions in Paylocity, interviews, job screening and recruiting job applicants to match experience with specific job-related requirements in order to fill staff job openings.
- Collaborates with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Maintains up to date job descriptions for all roles, and leads the annual job description audit process, under the direction of the AVP of Human Resources.
- Administers Recruiting module in Paylocity, assisting hiring managers with workflows and screening questions
- Posts job posting to the core recruiting channels (MCAD.edu, HERC, MCN, etc.)
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process based on hiring manager need.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Administers the contract review and entry processes, including but limited to adjunct faculty, full time faculty, continuing education instructors, and student employees.
- Implement and manage onboarding of student employees, providing additional support and guidance as needed.
- Researches and recommends effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization.
- May attend job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and college policies.
- Provides administrative support to the HR and Payroll functions with employee and organizational changes (i.e., processing and tracking job/compensation changes, leaves of absence, reporting changes, etc.)
- Manages, update and maintain organizational charts and HRIS table(s) related to Human Resources practices and functions and the integrity of the reporting structure.
- Develops and maintains documentation and standard operating procedures for applicable HR processes.
- Responds to employee questions about benefits, policy, and HRIS system, looping in other HR team members as needed.
- Proactively pursues continuing education and professional development in all areas of Human Resources Management. Researches and recommends to the AVP of Human Resources possible best fit practices for MCAD.
- As needed, acts as back-up for the Senior HR Generalist and/or Payroll/HRIS Coordinator.
- Carry out other duties and various research projects and/or special projects as assigned by the AVP of Human Resources.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- Two or more years of HR and/or Recruiting experience preferred.
- Two or more years of experience with Paylocity or similar HRIS and/or ATS preferred.
- Experience with all phases of the recruitment and hiring process preferred.
- Experience in an arts organization and/or within higher education preferred.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, data tables, etc.) or similar software required.
- Strong problem solving skills and technical aptitude.
- Ability to facilitate communication and collaborate across departments.
SHRM’s Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential preferred but not required.
This position has been identified as security sensitive and will require a background check. At the discretion of the college, various background checks may be done during the course of employment.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This position requires the ability and willingness to closely partner with team members and colleagues in other departments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Upon request, reasonable accommodation will be provided to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
To apply click Employee Experience Coordinator/Recruiter