Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
With more than $1B in revenue, Tennant Company is a globally recognized leader in the cleaning equipment industry. For the past 150 years, we have been passionate about developing and manufacturing innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers. At Tennant Company, we are committed to stewardship and creating a cleaner, safer and healthier world. With manufacturing, operations and sales, service, and support functions across the globe, your journey at Tennant can take you places you never expected.
Tennant Company is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture and environment – a place where all employees feel they belong, have equal access to opportunities, understand the purpose of their work, and where people know they are valued. This newly formed role will focus on the activation, maturation and integration of our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) strategy as we look to embed DE&I into our culture, our strategy, and our core processes. If you are passionate about DE&I, enjoy engaging with a variety of stakeholders and partners to champion DE&I ideas and strategies then this is the role for you.
- Work with Chief Administrative Officer, Senior Management and HR leadership teams to create our DE&I strategy, corresponding roadmap, and activation plans to drive and nurture a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
- Work closely with leadership and the broader Talent Management team to identify and implement programs to attract, develop, and retain diverse talent.
- Serve as program manager to ensure strategy activation of work streams is executed with excellence. Will also play a hands-on role around execution.
- Develop knowledge around industry and overall DE&I best practices and apply those to our strategy.
- Evaluate enterprise policies and practices and recommend actions to intensify progress towards our DE&I goals.
- Understand the connection between our DE&I strategy, our culture and employee engagement and incorporate this into activation.
- Apply a data-driven approach to the prioritization, development, and effectiveness of programs.
- Activate and consult on enterprise DE&I metrics and measure progress against our DE&I goals.
- Engage with critical stakeholders, internally and externally, to increase awareness and understanding of the enterprise DE&I goals and influence positive change.
- Partner with current employee driven resource groups to support and advocate for resources. Nurture and develop additional resource groups where appropriate. Help create and moderate a safe space for these groups to operate.
- Partner with internal teams to develop community partnerships which advance our DE&I strategy, support our stewardship value, and provide learning opportunities for our teams.
- Inspire commitment, via communication and other engagement avenues, to our DE&I strategy.
- Advise and influence the enterprise around the impact DE&I initiatives will have on our business, strategy, and culture.
- Consult with internal and external groups on overall best practices and use expertise to influence positive change.
- Engage leaders, at all levels of the organization, to advance awareness and support for DE&I activities which foster a diverse workforce, an inclusive culture and leads to highly engaged employees.
- Serve as a strong advocate, ally and champion and influence others to progress their allyship.
- Demonstrate and role model inclusive leadership and provide coaching to leaders and managers to enhance their capability to cultivate an inclusive environment to build and retain diverse teams
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field, or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 8 years of applicable experience, including working on strategic DE&I, talent management and/or culture initiatives
- Passion around DE&I initiatives and drive to make a positive impact
- Strong record of activating, and managing impactful programs and change through an organization at an enterprise or large-scale level
- Project management approach and discipline
- Ability to partner at all levels of org with an ability to influence a broad group of stakeholders, partners, and senior leaders without direct authority
- Strong accountability and execution orientation to ensure program delivery excellence
- Excellent communications skills, the ability to influence others through strong communications
Begin your journey with us. Let's reinvent how the world cleans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
To apply click Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Senior Manager