Director of Recruiting - Strategic Sourcing
Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
At US Bank, the Director of Recruiting-Strategic Sourcing will be responsible to design, build, and lead a sourcing and research team to find and engage impressive talent. The role offers the opportunity to be part of an inclusive, collaborative, and engaging work environment. They are accountable to develop and execute a detailed plan for building and growing the research recruitment strategy. The work will involve collaborating with colleagues in Recruiting, as well as the hiring executives to understand candidate profiles and craft research strategies to map and engage talent for a given role as well as future roles with an emphasis on diverse talent. This role will also be responsible to manage, and mentor other talent and research professionals and measure the impact of sourcing methods in a rigorous, data-driven way. They will lead a team of professionals to execute on sourcing as well as research providing market intelligence to the recruiting team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Interact and effectively manage relationships with senior leadership to create sourcing strategies aligned with the business needs and priorities.
- In partnership with recruiting leadership, continue to enhance cross functional recruiting capabilities including, metrics, analytics, redeployment, reskill initiatives, assessments, policies, training, etc.
- Cultivate networks and establish proactive partnerships with stakeholders to manager current and future demands, consult on sourcing strategies, and support business change and growth.
- Create and deliver external market insights, as well as qualitative and quantitative data to assigned business units to recognize trends and assess recruiting strategy effectiveness.
- Lead and manage a sophisticated team of research and sourcing professionals. Focus on developing research capabilities, positing the broader recruiting organization as a strategic partner for business leaders and across the Human Resources function.
- Partner closely with executives across the organization to assess organizational needs and develop thoughtful and innovative sourcing, pipelining, referral, networking and agency strategies.
- Evaluate and refine internal and external candidate sourcing channels to improve results, and help enhance hiring manager experience, further digital capabilities and focus on delivering against the diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) charter and priorities.
- Assess and manage risk while considering the objectives and goals of the business.
- Demonstrate high levels of facilitation skills in consulting with the business, effectively addressing difficult situations with executive savvy; takes decisive and well-rounded action in high-pressure situations; solution focused to improve in effective processes.
- Drive simplicity in everything we do.
- Business Acumen-. Aligns high-level thinking and strategy to business priorities and needs through the development and execution of a robust and innovative recruiting strategy. Proven track record of leading through organizational transformation and change. Understands the business and talent market; demonstrates industry knowledge
- Talent Leadership Acumen – Facilitate and guide solutions to enable the business to achieve its strategic objectives through the talent acquisition. Bring insights, adaptability and is regarded and a talent expert for the assigned business(es).
- Operational Excellence. Leverages technology, data and analytics for greater recruiting performance by fully leveraging workforce planning capabilities, capacity management, metrics, assessments, and onboarding support, as well as with the performance management of a recruiting organization. Uses data to create actionable plans.
- Visionary Leadership – Stewards of the culture. Leads through ambiguity, navigates and removes barriers, agile, engages in continuous learning to be aware of emerging trends and best practices.
- Collaboration & Influence –Works closely with peer group and broader organization to deliver excellence. While highly collaborative in style, drives results with purpose, speed, and agility, delivering against business specific needs, while championing a broader One U.S. Bank approach. Leader has strong executive presence, with the ability to influence and communicate at all levels.
- Results Oriented - Exhibits a competitive drive and not afraid to challenge the status quo. Able to set and meet aggressive goals and action plans, both as an individual and with a team.
- Proven history of leading and/or influencing teams through transformational change.
- Capability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data, recognize trends and recommend action.
- Result orientated, ability to recognize needs, solve problems, anticipate issues, and develop employee centric solutions using strong analytical, business and financial acumen.
- Proven ability to make sense out of complex situations, have intellectual curiosity, outcome driven, calculated risk taking and courageous mindset.
- Experience in providing work direction, coaching, and guidance to direct reports, other HR professionals and administrative staff, as applicable.
- Demonstrated visionary leadership, with ability to lead through ambiguity, navigate and remove barriers, be agile, and engage in continuous learning to be aware of emerging trends and best practices.
- Strong work ethic and proactive, team-oriented approach with unrelenting focus on quality and detail; ability to roll-up their sleeves and ensure high quality execution of programs and processes.
- Self-motivated, able to set priorities effectively, multi-task, pivot easily as priorities change and follow through to meet the demands of multiple constituencies.
- Effective communicator; ability to convey messages in a clear and concise manner, and drive change and influence through effective communications’ execution.
- Highly relational with a proven track record of influencing senior executives.
- Highest ethical standards; a role model for expected standards of behavior.
- Strategic with the ability to deliver and execute flawlessly.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Our 74,000 employees work across departments to help our millions of retail, business, wealth management, payment, commercial and corporate, and investment services customers across the country and around the world turn their dreams into reality. Our employees are empowered to create change and drive our future, and we pride ourselves on diligently and ethically upholding U.S. Bank’s best-in-class financial record and legacy of more than 150 years in banking. Most importantly, we put people first, cultivating and treasuring meaningful relationships with the customers we serve, the colleagues we support and the communities where we live and work.
To apply click Director of Recruiting - Strategic Sourcing