Talent Acquisition Specialist 1
Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
WHO WE ARE
We are the Metropolitan Council, the regional government for the seven-county Twin Cities metropolitan area. We plan 30 years ahead for the future of the metropolitan area and provide regional transportation, wastewater, and housing services. More information about us on our website.
We are committed to supporting a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
Work for an organization whose purpose it is to make the Twin Cities community a great place to live! We offer excellent benefits (including free transit rides), growth opportunities and a healthy work/life balance.
How your work would contribute to our organization and the Twin Cities region:
The Metropolitan Council's Human Resources Department has an exciting opportunity for an entry-level, detail-oriented, customer service-focused professional.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist 1 will perform routine full-cycle recruitments for our Internship Program during the year, this includes recruitment outreach events, guide hiring managers through the hiring process as well as other projects assigned by the Program Manager, Internships.
This position will also help plan, manage and administer the high school summer programs (Right Track and Step-Up). Tasks include working with multiple hiring managers from different divisions across the Council to create a summer internship experience that exposes up to 10 high school interns with various operations within the Council. The Talent Acquisition Specialist 1 will serve as a leader for the high school interns during every summer.
Starting Salary Range: $62,608 - $71,032 annually
Full Salary Range: $62,608 - $88,795 annually
- Administers routine recruitment and selection processes according to procedures ensuring high quality candidates apply to vacancies.
- Coordinates the selection process according to procedures so that they comply with relevant rules, regulations, contracts and non-represented plan.
- Prepares job postings and supplemental questions for job announcements.
- Communicates with hiring managers from pre-recruitment activities through selection.
- Develops interview questions from established resources and collaborates with the hiring managers.
- Enters background information appropriate system; prints and coordinates the background packets and disperses documents as appropriate.
- Serves as first point of contact for applicants; communicates proactively with established notice templates, answers phone calls and provides status updates throughout the selection process.
- Executes the selection process with strict adherence to validated selection tools and procedures that comply with relevant rules, regulations contracts and plans.
- Assists with creation of the high school program activities, including calendars, deadlines and resources for special projects.
- Assists Program Manager, Internships with administrative efforts associated with the internship program.
- Complies and follows policies, procedures, personnel law and legal requirement compliance.
- Manages and coordinates all recruitment outreach efforts (career fairs, college events, presentations, and other recruitment outreach tasks).
- Leads small HR projects.
- Performs other job duties as assigned and apparent.
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Services and/or related field, and two (2) years or more of human resources related experience.
Associate's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Services and/or related field, and four (4) years or more of human resources related experience.
High school diploma, G.E.D and six (6) years or more of human resources related experience.
What are the knowledge, skills and abilities for the job:
- General knowledge of human resources recruitment and staffing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and work with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to make decisions or recommendations in the absence of specific or concrete guidelines.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and files.
- Ability to develop selection tools based on the knowledge, skills and abilities defined for the position.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work (managers, supervisors, applicants, and community/school partners).
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; sound grammar skills needed for writing job postings, creating supplemental questions, developing interview questions and communicating with managers and applicants.
- Ability to travel to various work sites to meet business needs and/or meetings - locations that may have limited access to public transportation.
- Experience working with college and/or high school internship programs (such as Urban Scholars, Step-Up, Right Track programs, etc.).
- Experience in event and/or outreach planning and coordinating.
- Full-cycle recruiting experience.
- Public sector experience.
- Computer skills; experience with Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Bilingual skills.
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference and positively influence the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
- We encourage our employees to develop their skills through on-site training and tuition reimbursement.
- We provide a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a good work/life balance.
The Metropolitan Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Specialist 1