Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Verus Mortgage Capital
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an emerging market. We offer a fast paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers it’s Sellers responsible non-prime and Jumbo prime lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners please visit our website at https://verusmc.com/.
At Verus Mortgage Capital, our employees are our most important resource. We are currently seeking a Recruiter in our Human Resources department who has experience in nationwide mortgage recruitment, with knowledge of screening, interviewing, and hiring practices. If you have a passion for finding untapped talent, driving company growth, and helping individuals find promising careers, we want to hear from you.
The scope of this role includes, but is not limited to, research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization. The office is located in Bloomington, MN; however remote candidates will be considered.
Objective of the Role
- Work closely with managers to gain a comprehensive understanding of the company’s hiring needs for each position, and meet competitive hiring goals and expectations
- Assist with the full recruiting lifecycle across a variety of open roles helping management find, hire, and retain quality talent
- Grow and foster high-touch relationships to build a database of qualified active and passive talent to pull from as new positions open up
- Continuously partner with Human Resources Manager and senior management to design, refine, and implement innovative recruiting strategies
- Stay active with current job boards, social networks, and platforms to find talent, and plan, create, and release job descriptions, marketing materials and announcements
- Ability to create virtual recruiting campaigns, job fairs, etc. to attract specific position results
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates by actively sourcing candidates through an existing network, cold calls, job fairs, virtual campaigns, etc.
- Research, recommend and implement new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Collaborates with department managers to identify hiring criteria, finalize job descriptions and create appropriate postings virtually.
- Identify and implement efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups, social media, and employees
- Assists with job posting and advertisement processes.
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
- Schedules interviews; handles the preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers and other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with Human Resources Manager during the offer process related to counteroffers, etc.
- Prepares competitive analysis of total compensation package changes by position from the marketplace (i.e. base salary, sign on bonuses, production bonuses, PTO, benefits, etc.)
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Prepare open requisition and hiring reporting
- Handle administrative duties and recordkeeping
- Collect data on cost per hire and time-to-hire
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
- 2-4 years exempt and non-exempt recruiting experience in full life-cycle environment, including management of multiple roles simultaneously
- Minimum 2 years’ experience recruiting in relevant mortgage and financial industry environment is required.
Required Skills/ Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Phone, zoom video, and online meeting platform skills
- Supports workplace diversity
- Familiarity with job boards, and HR software, databases, and management systems
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.
To apply click Recruiter