Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Minneapolis Public Schools
This position is currently working remote with some flexibility for in office working while adhering to public health and safety best practices during the pandemic.
Under limited supervision, manages and provides support to Talent Acquisition (TA) team; supports recruitment, selection, planning and forecasting; provides training and expertise to the TA team as a subject matter expert on educator licensing, employment law, and collective bargaining agreements. Investigates and recommends HR services solutions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS -- Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, organizes, and manages the activities and staff of specialized work groups in the Talent Acquisition Department, including Human Resources (HR) planning, forecasting, staffing, and recruiting.
- Manages assigned staff, and assigns tasks, programmatic responsibilities, and projects; evaluates performance, resolves workload and technical issues, and assures that goals are defined and achieved; develops staff skills and training plans, and conducts performance evaluations.
- Leads and manages professional, technical, and analytical Human Resources deliverables for the Talent Acquisition staff.
- Meets regularly with staff to discuss and resolve priorities, workload and technical issues; develops strategies to meet goals, and assures that appropriate and timely services are provided; reviews the work of staff to assure the work quality and timely accomplishment of assigned duties.
- Oversees implementation of district-wide programs to increase staff retention; designs and executes program evaluation of retention strategy, and establishes appropriate retention metrics.
- Manages the development and execution of a long-term strategy to attract and retain diverse, high caliber candidates for all MPS positions.
- Partners with department leaders to perform life cycle recruitment/staffing processes; provides best hiring practices and guidance to departments.
- Provides training and support to Talent Acquisition staff on issues related to educator licensing, collective bargaining, and state/federal employment law.
- Assists with collective bargaining negotiations and strategy development.
- Oversees and supports the district’s immigration process by working closely with management, employees, and external immigration counsel.
- Performs budget tie-out staffing audits submitted by Talent Acquisition staff; provides corrections, feedback, and training.
- Assures effective communication of recruitment policies and workforce issues; assures compliance with state and Federal rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assures compliance with state and Federal confidentiality standards for employment records.
- Evaluates Department operations, work methods and procedures; and develops recommendations for functional improvements.
- Conducts organizational studies; researches personnel issues and regulations; conducts surveys of comparable organizations and analyzes results; collects financial, technical and administrative information and compiles data for project reports.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with students, clients, visitors, and MPS staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment
- Enthusiastically promotes the Superintendent’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, records and MPS information.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or Public Administration or related field; AND four (4) years of professional Human Resources search and selection experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by Human Resources.
Bilingual Spanish, Somali, or Hmong and Human Resources management experience working in a public-school setting preferred.
- Principles and practices of human resources management in a public agency setting.
- Organizational and functional responsibilities of HR Department work groups.
- Principles of confidential records and file management.
- Principles and practices of effective employee search and selection.
- Workforce planning and search/selection strategies.
- Specialized software applications, including Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- State and Federal laws, statutes, rules, codes and regulations governing HR functions.
- Techniques for dealing professionally and effectively with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Developing strategy, driving process improvement.
- Working efficiently and prioritizing effectively.
- Managing, planning, and coordinating MPS Talent Acquisition programs.
- Analyzing problems, and recommending effective solutions.
- Understanding and applying employment standards and procedures, Federal and state rules and regulations, and MPS policies and procedures.
- Answering questions, advising staff, and resolving problems on recruiting and selection issues, including FMLA, ADA, FLSA and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
- Developing, tracking, analyzing and generating reports on recruitment, hiring, and diversity performance metrics.
- Managing staff, delegating tasks and authority, and coaching to improve staff performance.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Providing effective customer service.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Operating a personal computer using standard and specialized software.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A valid Minnesota State Driver’s License may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment which requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. A job in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage.
Job Title: Manager, Talent Acquisition - Talent Acquisition and Requisition ID number: 73146
Close Date: No established closing date; open until filled
Organizational Unit: Talent Acquisition (10000777)
Site: Davis Center (0001)
FTE: 1.0 FTE; 52 weeks; this is based on full-time equivalency with 1.0 being full time
Functional Area: Administrative
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory to apply for any position.
To apply click Manager Talent Acquisition