Diversity Recruiting Specialist
Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
State of Minnesota
Minnesota Management and Budget (MMB) is a state agency that serves the people of Minnesota by providing the state with leadership and guidance to support efficient and effective government, a world class workforce, and responsible financial management. To achieve this mission, MMB continuously evaluates and adjusts how we deliver services to agencies and employees as the needs of the state and our workforce change. From improving how we recruit, to new training, and strategic organizational development, we constantly innovate to provide the best value and service to Minnesotans.
Minnesota Management & Budget is committed to diversity and inclusion.
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 03/17/2021
Closing Date: 04/06/2021
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Mn Management & Budget /Confidential
Division/Unit: Personnel / Statewide Recruiter Support
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Salary Range: $27.56 - $40.61/hourly; $57,545 - $84,793/annually
Job Class Option: Workforce Planning
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 217 - Confidential/Unrep
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Minnesota Management & Budget (MMB) provides comprehensive human resource services to Minnesota’s Executive Branch agencies, to include consultation on workforce diversity, equal opportunity, and affirmative action. The State of Minnesota employs more than 50,000 employees in the state agencies and the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (Minnesota State) system and recognizes that diversity is a crucial component of recruiting and retaining top talent to work in state government.
The Diversity Recruiting Specialist will have 5+ years of full-cycle recruitment background and a passion for thinking creatively and staying current on innovative sourcing techniques. In this role you will have the opportunity to influence and strategize with multiple state agencies as a subject matter expert in Talent Acquisition Sourcing and Recruitment, while driving results that impact the future of our State.
- Build mutually collaborative relationships with community partners to increase the diversity of candidate talent pools.
- Develop and execute innovative search techniques to generate pools of candidates for open positions and create candidate pipelines for future hiring needs.
- Partner with hiring managers and lead the creation of effective sourcing strategies for vacant positions and guide hiring managers and candidates through the recruiting process.
- Use a variety of recruiting methods to develop a comprehensive program designed to identify potential qualified candidates for a wide variety of vacancies.
- Assist in building a pipeline of diverse talent including networking with community and civic organizations.
- Develop new and unique recruiting methods to include supporting the branding and marketing of the State to active and passive candidates.
- Coordinate and participate in job and college fairs and events and other recruiting and networking activities.
- Coordinate sourcing strategies in external and internal selection, such as pre-screening applicants and conveying results.
- Create monthly reports on performance results.
- Assist Talent Acquisition Team to develop creative recruiting strategies, best practices, and lead process improvement projects.
- At least 5 years of progressive recruiting experience, including sourcing inclusive talent pipelines.
- Experience in creating sourcing and recruiting strategies.
- Experience with Boolean search resources.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) as well as influencing, negotiation, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail.
- Experienced identifying sourcing strategies for hard-to-fill positions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint); applicant tracking systems and related sourcing platforms (i.e. LinkedIn).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Liberal Arts or a related field.
- Demonstrated recruiting experience in corporate and third party recruiting agencies.
- Knowledge of employment laws and state and national labor market trends.
- Ability to leverage data and market insights to help drive a recruiting and sourcing strategy.
- Coaching and mentoring expertise with internal/external talent and hiring teams.
- Experience presenting to a variety of audiences.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
To apply click Diversity Recruiting Specialist