Talent Acquisition Specialist 1 or 2
Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
WHO WE ARE:
We are the Metropolitan Council, the regional government for the seven-county Twin Cities metropolitan area. We plan 30 years ahead for the future of the metropolitan area and provide regional transportation, wastewater, and housing services. More information about us on our website.
We are committed to supporting a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
The Talent Management team works in partnership with the Council's divisions to provide proactive solutions for workforce needs including recruiting, selecting and retaining great employees.
How your work would contribute to our organization and the Twin Cities region:
The Talent Acquisition Specialist 1 is an entry-level position within Talent Management, and this position is responsible for routine recruitment and selection assignments working within established recruitments. As the incumbent gains experience in Council policies, practices, specific techniques and legal requirements, recruitment will become more complex and varied. This position will also lead small HR related projects and participate on small to large HR related projects.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist 2 administers the recruitment and selection process in a timely, customer service-oriented and cost-effective manner. This position is responsible for the overall recruitment and selection procedure, delivering quality candidates to hiring managers, and representing the organization to prospective employees.
Starting Salary Range for TAS1: $30.10 per hour to $31.66 Annualized $62,608 to $65,853
Full Salary Range for TAS1: $30.10 per hour to $45.42 Annualized $62,608 to $94,474
Starting Salary Range for TAS2: $35.17 per hour to $37.00 Annualized $73,154 to $76,060
Full Salary Range for TAS2: $35.17 per hour to $53.08 Annualized $73,154 to $110,406
- Talent Acquisition Specialist 1
- Primarily assists the Talent Acquisition Specialist 2 with administrative efforts associated with the bus operator recruitment and section efforts which includes testing, data entry, scheduling of appointments, answering questions, etc.
- Administer routine recruitment and selection processes according to procedures ensuring high quality candidates apply to vacancies
- Coordinates the selection process according to procedures so that they comply with relevant rules, regulations, contracts and non represented plan
- Coordinates the communication to hiring managers and applicants to assure timely, accurate information regarding their status, the position and/or the process
- Coordinates interview process to ensure procedures are followed
- Completes pre-hire steps on selected candidate to ensure salary is approved and candidate meets all requirements of the position
- Assists Talent Acquisition Specialist 2 with administrative efforts associated with their recruitment and section efforts
- Complies and follows policies, procedures, personnel law and Legal requirement compliance
- Talent Acquisition Specialist 2
- Manages full cycle recruitment and selection processes within Council policies, procedures and department practices; executes recruitment strategies and identifies recruiting sources that generate a quality applicant pool; provides guidance to managers regarding recruiting, interviewing, selection and hiring processes within Council policy, bargaining agreements and applicant tracking system.
- Responsible for the design/development of candidate testing/selection
- Strong communication and influencing skills for developing a robust candidate pipeline and advises managers on best practices and techniques
- Promotes diversity by: partnering and advertising vacancies with diverse organizations; monitoring the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) need for each recruitment
- Completes salary analysis for new hires, promotions, transfers, etc. and prepares recommendation for review and approval by HR management, hiring department and hiring manager; extends employment offer to candidate; coordinates pre-employment background checks, drug screens and physicals
- Develops and administers valid selection tools
- Participate in job evaluation processes
- Assist HR Business Partner with job classification studies
- Other related duties as assigned
Talent Acquisition Specialist 1
A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Public Administration, Business Administration or closely related field AND two (2) years of related Human Resources experience
An Associate's degree AND four (4) years of related Human Resources experience
A high school diploma/GED and six (6) years or more of related Human Resources experience
Talent Acquisition Specialist 2
A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Public Administration, Business Administration, or closely related field, and four (4) years of experience in full cycle recruitment and selection
An Associate's degree in Human Resources or the fields indicated above AND six (6) years of experience in full cycle recruitment and selection
A high school diploma/GED and eight (8) years of experience in full cycle recruitment and selection.
- Experience with full cycle recruitment and selection
- Experience working within the public sector, government agency, public education or non-profit
- Experience with NeoGov electronic applicant tracking system
- Experience with PeopleSoft Human Resources Information System
- Outreach to cross-cultural communities
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP or IPMA-HR certification
What you can expect from us:
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference and positively influence the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
- We encourage our employees to develop their skills through on-site training and tuition reimbursement.
- We provide a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a good work/life balance.
Union/Grade: AFSCME/Grade F for Talent Acquisition Specialist 1
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Safety Sensitive: No
Union/Grade: AFSCME/Grade H for Talent Acquisition Specialist 2
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Safety Sensitive: No
Work Environment: Work is performed in a standard office setting. Requires travel between primary work site to other sites. Occasional work on the weekends.
What steps the recruitment process involves:
1. We review your minimum qualifications.
2. We rate your education and experience.
3. We conduct a structured panel interview.
4. We conduct a selection interview.
The Metropolitan Council is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and veteran-friendly employer. The Council is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the region and strongly encourages persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, women, and veterans to apply.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Specialist 1 or 2