Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Contract
University of Minnesota
BA/BS degree in Human Resources or a combination of related education and professional human resources work experience to total four (4) years.
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
● Strong customer service skills.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Strong prioritization and time management skills.
● Attention to detail.
● Demonstrated ability to learn new systems and technologies.
About the Job
Talent Acquisition Operations Specialist (HR Pro 1) - Temporary
Talent Acquisition, within the Office of Human Resources (OHR) is responsible for all employment-related services. The Talent Acquisition Operations Specialist position is an entry-level professional position working with the Talent Acquisition Operations team. This position performs day-to-day operational activities serving designated units, including candidate screening, job opening maintenance, background check reviews, and advising on hiring policies and procedures.
● Recruiting and Employment Consulting (50%):
● Participate as a key member of the University’s hiring team by providing recruitment and employment support to designated University units.
● Review and audit job openings
● Assist units in the interview process as requested
● Consult on hiring policies and procedures
● Assist in implementing recruitment and sourcing plans
● Build relationships with assigned units by understanding and supporting their hiring needs
● Ensure hiring service standards are met
● Facilitate resolution of hiring concerns/issues raised within the units
Unit Hiring Data Management (20%)
● Provide expertise and information related to unit hiring data i.e. the volume of activity, position status, applicant pools
● Provide general information related to labor market conditions and talent availability both internally and externally
● Gather and analyze unit hiring data to provide recommendations and advice on hiring needs
● Adhere to OFCCP compliance requirements and all applicable employment laws
Candidate Management (20%):
● Screen application materials and interpret application qualifications
● Complete priority hire assessment
● Analyze and assess candidate pools
● Review/analyze background check results
● Advise candidates on job search strategies
● Manage the high volume hiring process
Recruitment Activities and Planning (10%):
● Assist talent acquisition consultants in defining and implementing strategic recruiting plans for faculty and staff vacancies for designated units
● Utilize recruitment and sourcing tools (LinkedIn, on-demand video interviews, etc.) to promote University opportunities.
● Serve as a resource for hiring managers on hiring process issues and programs
● Participate in search committees and interview panels
● Support recruiters and hiring managers by identifying key sources for applicant recruitment.
● Represent the University at events, job fairs, and community networking opportunities.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Operations Specialist