Part Time Minnesota Recruiter Internship
Note: this is in North Mankato
Fun.com, the home of HalloweenCostumes.com, is looking for a summer Recruiting Intern. We want somebody that is eager to help with the recruitment and hiring of nearly 2,000 employees in preparation for our 2021 busy season! The Recruiting Intern will assist with social media content creation, planning and attending community events, developing new partnerships and contacts, and of course, a lot of hands on experience with a multitude of different HR processes! We are looking for an outgoing, creative thinker that is willing to exercise their skills and take on projects to help make our 2021 recruiting campaign the most successful one yet.
Recruiting Interns will also get a ton of experience in reviewing applications, conducting new employee orientations, reviewing new hire paperwork, data entry, and in employee relations during their internship period but the main focus will be helping with our recruiting efforts.
This internship lasts from early spring through late July. You will get approximately 20-30 hours per week [200-300 hours to apply towards college credit] with a flexible schedule that will work around your class hours.
If you want to earn college credit, get more and an even better experience than the rest of your graduating cohort, and, oh yeah, actually get paid during your internship, we want you to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help manage and create content for Fun.com’s job-focused social media channels
- Develop new partnerships with local businesses and organizations
- Contribute ideas and execute pieces of Fun.com’s seasonal employee recruitment plan
- Coordinate and attend recruiting events [An occasional weekend may be required.]
- Review applications of prospective employees
- Sign approved employees up for orientations
- Run employee orientations and enter in new hire paperwork
- Other duties as assigned. [These duties will require wearing a costume in parades and recruiting events. Not joking.]
- Pursuing a degree in Management, Human Resources. Public Relations, Marketing, or other relevant discipline
- Previous customer service or retail experience is preferred
- Photoshop, graphic design and photography experience is a plus
- Decent knowledge of Word and Excel
- Keeps up with current social media trends and is interested in creating engaging posts
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Must be able to make decisions confidently and, just as importantly, quickly
- Organizational skills that border on the obsessive
- Must be comfortable with communicating via email, phone while excelling at interpersonal communication
- Work well in a collaborative environment
- Some evening and weekend availability
- Must be able to take a definitive stand on whether or not a pop tart is a ravioli
Wage - $13/hr
To apply click Recruiting Intern