Executive Search Consultant
Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Careers that Change Lives
At Medtronic, our strategic growth is directly dependent on our ability to consistently find, attract, and hire the highest caliber talent available. Critical to achieving success in this area is proactive candidate and talent development.
As an Executive Search Consultant, you will provide counsel to hiring leaders and influence talent decisions. This involves building relationships with executives to ensure proactive identification of external talent needs and speed/pace of hire is met by partnering to support hiring strategy and objectives. You will have a clear understanding of external search capabilities, providing expert counsel on when to leverage internal recruiters and when to activate external search, based on market, capability and staffing landscape.
You will build a network of potential candidates with a focus on understanding the labor market for critical areas to identify and maintain strong, diverse talent pipelines. This includes proactive talent sourcing and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to optimize search strategies that attract and secure top talent. You will manage retained search firm relationships and protocol to ensure a high-quality, robust talent search and candidate experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to influence the executive recruiting and hiring landscape at Medtronic. You will lead and define innovative ways to further raise the bar on how Medtronic sources and recruits external executive talent.
We believe that when people from different cultures, genders, and points of view come together, innovation is the result —and everyone wins. Medtronic walks the walk, creating an inclusive culture where you can thrive.
There is a preference to have this role reside in Minneapolis, MN, however, would be open to someone working remote.
You can grow your career with us - we hope you’ll consider joining our team!
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
Enable superior Internal and External Relationship Management
- Manage relationships with Executives to ensure proactive identification of external talent needs and speed/pace of hire is met
- Develop a clear understanding of external search capabilities and provide expert counsel on strategy and approach
Promote Candidate Experience
- Maintain high touch relationships with VP candidates throughout the recruiting process and build on the relationship to identify additional talent and strong pipelines
- Provide recommendations and build out additional best practices to improve VP hiring process and experience
Maintain Pipeline Management
- Proactively and continually source, develop and maintain an effective pipeline and network of diverse executive level talent in partnership with Executive Recruitment and Talent Management teams
- Partner closely with Talent Management to future source talent
- Maintain a diverse pipeline in anticipation of future business needs
Leverage Labor Market Insight
- Develop strong understanding of the labor market for critical areas and provide data insights as needed to leadership (Business and HR) to inform recruiting/talent decisions
Manage External Search Firm Partnerships and Process
- Effectively manage search firm relationships, including owning search strategy and monitoring performance
- Lead contract process/negotiations in partnership with procurement and legal; manage preferred firm list
- Serve as central liaison for search firm engagements to initiate and manage process and track data/metrics
Ensure Process Optimization
- Support continued optimization of our VP movement process to ensure seamless experience for candidates and internal stakeholders
- Partner closely with Exec Search and Talent Management to ensure process flow is optimized
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of experience in talent acquisition recruiting to include some executive search experience OR advanced degree with 8+ years of experience
- Ability to develop creative and diverse sourcing strategies including use of technology, research, and market mapping
- Excellent influence, communication, organizational, negotiation and presentation skills, including the ability to effectively influence senior management
- Exceptional skills in relationship management with Sr Executives, External VP Talent, and External Search Partners
- Search firm experience; managing partnerships and leading process
- Leads with deep knowledge of external talent landscape (Med Tech, Healthcare, Leadership)
- Team player with a high sense of urgency
- Data tracking and management experience
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and/or Candidate Relationship Management (CRM)
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
To apply click Executive Search Consultant