Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Vice President Human Capital Summary:
The Vice President of Human Capital provides executive-level leadership and guidance to the organization’s Human Resource (HR) operations. The Vice President is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices, and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management-level HR
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through talent management.
- Identifies key performance indicators for the organization’s human resource and talent management functions; assesses the organization’s success and market competitiveness based on these metrics. Regularly report on metrics and department performance.
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource management team; assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues.
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements and best practices.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Drafts and implements the organization’s staffing budget, and the budget for the human resource department
- Participates in professional development and networking conferences and events.
- Develops strategic HR plans and policies.
- Focuses on improved processes and initiatives for equal opportunity and diversity.
- Assumes responsibility of labor and employee relations
- Re-engineers processes to ensure maximum efficiency and scalability.
- Analyzes the effectiveness of HR operations and policies, and develops actions for continuous improvement.
- Champions company strategies with all personnel and candidates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems
- An infectious, positive attitude
- Ability to work quickly and calmly in high growth environment.
- Exhibit strong integrity and loyalty to corporate vision & mission.
- Must display an entrepreneurial spirit and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Ability to manage expectations, processes and multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s or law degree highly preferred.
- At least 15 years of human resource management experience required, inclusive of leadership roles and corporate experience; strategic, talent management, and/or business development experience highly preferred.
- Extensive human capital and cultural transformation experience with a proven ability to demonstrate measurable results through the use of analytics and metrics.
- Visionary leader with proven ability to create and implement HR strategies while simultaneously executing HR activities.
- Proven experience in change management within a highly complex environment with multiple, geographically disbursed location
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
To apply click VP of Human Capital