Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Johnson Brothers is a national family-owned wine, spirits and beer distributor. Johnson Brothers has been providing exceptional service to our customers since 1953, representing the world's most famous brands in the beverage industry.
As a University Recruiter you will be responsible for targeting and recruiting talented individuals from several specific universities. You will be responsible for all activity at those universities, including being accountable for hitting targets, delivering successful events, fostering strong relationships with stakeholders and building a strong pipeline of future diverse applicants. Additionally, an ideal candidate has a passion for social recruiting and corporate branding in partnership with our internal creative team. Your purpose is to raise the brand awareness of Johnson Brothers while building our immediate team and long-term bench of diverse, highly qualified talent.
This role will also drive and own our Early Career Development Program – aiming to identify long term talent that will build Johnson Brothers into the future.
- Act as a Talent Consultant to the organization - Adding value in each interaction and driving Recruiting best practices forward
- Implement a brand awareness and visibility strategy to drive Johnson Brothers awareness
- Deliver a high volume of applications from a diverse range of applicants to deliver target number of hires
- Assist managers by creating “posting friendly” job descriptions
- Post positions to necessary online advertising, college campuses, internal website and other niche job boards
- Identify key talent through adopting a headhunting approach and influence good quality candidates to apply
- Engage and cultivate relationships with future participants through regular meetings, phone calls and tailored events to ensure they are prepared to start at Johnson Brothers
- Conduct phone, video and face to face screens – when appropriate
- Provide offer letters upon direction of hiring managers
- All necessary follow up to candidates (rejection notices and interviewing feedback)
- Engage with internal staff members to recommend ideal branding strategy per University
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- One or more years of experience as a full cycle recruiter or in a Human Resources role
- Knowing the Market: Understands Universities and corresponding talent practices
- Event Management: Proven experience managing the development cycle for medium scale events
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Experience using an applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Previous sourcing experiences via internet and creative networking
- Exceptional organization and follow through capabilities
- Capable of working with a sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with positive energy and finesse in all circumstances is required.
Johnson Brothers is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and equal treatment in employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender/gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, military status or any other basis in protected by applicable federal, state and local law. Johnson Brothers makes employment decisions based solely on the basis of qualifications for the job.
Johnson Brothers is a family-owned wine, spirits, and beer distributor with headquarters in St. Paul, Minnesota. Johnson Brothers has been providing world class service to customers throughout the United States since 1953. Our mission is very simple: to provide the best possible service to both our customers and supplier partners. We’re a modern, dynamic, progressive beverage company, yet grounded with old-fashioned values of hard work, loyalty, and a genuine commitment to excellence. Thanks for stopping by and welcome to our home.
To apply click University Recruiter