Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Contract
The Talent Acquisition Consultant is a strategic resource and consultative partner to hiring leaders to ensure the successful acquisition of talented team members. This position is responsible for executing an effective sourcing strategy and efficient recruiting process to attract, select and hire high quality applicants for the SMSC Tribal Operations, departments and services as requested. This role will provide an exceptional candidate experience while focusing on building strong relationships with business units and key stakeholders to meet goals. The Talent Acquisition Consultant is well connected in the local talent markets in which he or she operates and has a proven track record of results. This position will primarily focus recruiting efforts on front line and professional level positions.
The Talent Acquisition Consultant will also serve as the owner of key programs related to recruitment of strong Native American talent form roles in both SMSC Tribal Operations and SMSC Gaming Enterprise. This position will be a subject matter expert in specialty areas such as social media strategies, college relations, and/or usage of technology platforms.
- Conduct strategy session with hiring managers to understand position requirements and business needs ahead of posting position. Consult related to sourcing strategies, internal talent, and external market trends, aligning expectations related to hiring process. Partner with Marketing to determine promotional efforts as needed. Evaluate results.
- Executes hiring process; from sourcing to selection with focus on quality. Recommends slate of qualified candidates to interview and consults with hiring manager and/or hiring team on final selection. Schedules and conducts interviews as needed.
- Administers pre-employment tests and checks references when required.
- Consult with hiring manager, recommending compensation proposal. Understand Compensation philosophy and partner with Compensation related to current and future compensation offerings and market data. Compile and communicate decline reasons to stakeholders.
- Extends and negotiates offer to finalist candidate. Communicates the value of the organization as an employer of choice, the business, position, benefits, culture & values and future career opportunities effectively.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with all levels of management. Learns business of each area effectively.
- Leverage technology and tools to facilitate the hiring process. Providing technical support to applicants and managers using the applicant tracking system as needed. Recommend process, system or tool enhancements focused on creating efficiencies and outstanding candidate & hiring manager experience.
- Builds relationships with quality and specialized applicants to develop future talent pipelines. Be a talent ambassador on social media by promoting organization, brand and career opportunities. Execute recruiting strategies to attract strong Native American talent.
- Be a subject matter expert in specialty areas such as social media strategies, college relations, and/or technology platforms.
- Keeps informed of developments in such areas as wages and salaries, team member and employee benefits, Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, employment and labor law, talent acquisition best practices and current recruiting trends and activities.
- Misc Tasks
Monday - Friday
Hiring Rate or Hiring Range
1. Based on Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field; or Associates Degree with equivalent experience
- 6+ years of Talent Acquisition experience with proven results; a combination of full lifecycle Corporate Talent Acquisition with a minimum of 2 years of External Search Firm experience required.
- Ability to advise on, consult and execute talent strategies to attract, source and hire high performing talent. Source and build diverse future talent pipelines.
Ability to build and maintain strong external network and strong internal relationships with all key stakeholders. Proven ability to consult with hiring managers effectively. Customer centric.
- Outstanding communication skills; ability to communicate effectively (orally and written) with all levels of stakeholders.
- Able to effectively present ideas, sell, influence and negotiate to achieve results.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize work and solve problems efficiently.
- Established personal brand, social media presence and understanding of effective sourcing strategies using LinkedIn, social media, digital tools and other technologies.
- Ability to challenge the status quo.
- Strong technical acumen with ability to efficiently use multiple tools and various applicant tracking systems.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Sourcing Consultant - Temporary