Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
CAREERS THAT CHANGE LIVES
Serve as a diversity campus recruiter for Medtronic across U.S. business locations, target schools, and diversity career fairs for engineering campus recruitment and lead recruitment efforts across all functions for our partnership with Thurgood Marshal College Fund (TMCF). As part of the Early Career Experience Center of Expertise (COE), you will also partner with Finance, Information Technology, Supply Chain/Supply Management, and MBA recruiters to manage our recruiting program and deliver a positive candidate experience aligned with our Early Career Experience Strategy. Build and grow relationships with key stakeholders, internal business partners, and colleagues in Talent Acquisition and Human Resources. Execute campus initiatives to attract and hire diverse, high potential talent into the Medtronic Summer Intern Program. Serve as a subject matter expert for diversity campus recruiting and be an ambassador for our employer brand.
Educate partners, market programs, and provide campus recruiting leadership within the engineering function. Deploy Summer Intern program, including event programming and assessment of top talent for conversion into full-time opportunities. Continuously improve programs to deliver process excellence and efficiency as well as a positive candidate experience. This position can be based anywhere in the United States and reports to the U.S. Campus Recruiting Manager.
We seek out and hire a diverse workforce at every level: We need fresh ideas and inclusive insights to continue to be an innovative industry leader — that’s why we make it a point to seek out, attract and develop employees who are patient-centric, passionate, and who represent the same wide variety of life experiences as our patients.
This position can work in any of our Medtronic facilities or work remote.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Support Medtronic’s early career experience diversity recruiting strategy for the U.S. Engineering function. Educate internal stakeholders on campus recruiting and inclusion and diversity business case and strategies Build and engage campus teams to support recruiting strategies.
- Conduct market research to understand where diverse talent pools exist and work collaboratively with internal teams to execute on diversity sourcing initiatives to tap into those talent pools
- Develop network and source candidates to respond to workforce demands using tools such as social media, career events, recruiting technology, and recruiting contractors to ensure a constant flow of qualified candidates
- Build relationships with key stakeholders: candidates, career centers, professors, school leaders, student organizations, student alumni, vendor partners, hiring managers, diversity leaders, talent acquisition and HR partners, senior leader sponsors, and counterparts at other companies.
- Manage campus events to build a talent pipeline for the Summer Intern program. Champion the conversion of successful Summer Interns to full-time employees.
- Partner with management to develop job specifications/requirements, key competencies, salary recommendations and negotiate offer packages with candidates.
- Evaluate employment factors such as job experience, education and training, skills, knowledge and abilities, and other data pertinent to classification, selection, and referral.
- Manage cyclical campus recruiting operations by providing clear, accurate, timely communication during recruiting, resulting in a professional and efficient process. Solicit and incorporate feedback for continuous improvement. Drive process excellence and minimize compliance and legal risk.
- Manage candidates in the applicant tracking system, create reports, and conduct metrics analysis.
- Provide applicants with information about the company, oversee background checks and drug testing, and ensure successful hiring and onboarding process.
- Partner with local site team members to plan and execute a Summer Intern Program that provides broad exposure to the company, insights into company culture, and opportunities to evaluate interns performance and potential.
- Manage campus metrics (e.g. acceptance ratios, intern conversions, diversity, quality of hire, targeted school scorecard).
- Benchmark programs routinely and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Manage projects as directed by the Early Career Experience COE to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our campus recruiting efforts and internship program.
MUST HAVE: MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of experience in Talent Acquisition, or advanced degree and 2+ years of experience
- 2+ years of campus and/or diversity recruiting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate and professional company ambassador
- Possesses a high sense of urgency and provides a strong level of professional service and follow-through in a confidential manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong judgment and decision making/analysis skills
- Strong relationship building and teamwork orientation
- Results-oriented, accountable, ability to meet tight deadlines
- High level of detail-orientation and commitment to quality work products
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, and process-oriented
- Flexible and resourceful – able to manage last minute changes/requests and unexpected challenges
- Knowledge of legal considerations for recruiting and OFCCP Compliance
- Experience with Handshake, Taleo, Workday, Yello
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Ability to support frequent campus travel and occasional after-hours events.
- Posting Date: Jan 25, 2021
- Travel: Yes, < 25 % of the Time
To apply click Sr Diversity Campus Recruiter