Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Here, you'll help attract, lead, support and reward our most valuable asset: our high caliber people. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Talent Acquisition Segment Leader (Senior Director TA) is responsible for advising senior management teams and leading the talent acquisition strategy and execution for our technology function / OptumTech as well as our OptumInsight business. This position is accountable for leading and influencing a team that will deliver world-class recruitment process execution from process design through performance measurements / metrics of internal and external recruiting (RPO) teams. This role is responsible for delivering a diverse and well cultivated supply of talent by developing and implementing sourcing and assessment strategies that deliver business outcomes in the form of quality of hire.
Day-to-day duties include functional staffing project management / oversight, management of recruitment teams including allocation of workload and productivity / recruiter yield modeling and monitoring, as well as handling escalated business and functional execution of projects and issues. The TA segment leader will act as a coach and mentor to the OptumInsight and Technology & Data recruiting teams related to the quality / consistency of the work product, adherence to the recruitment service level agreements (candidate and line management), as well as all other performance management and team career development plans.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead end-to-end talent acquisition strategy for OptumTech and OptumInsight business segment(s). Partner closely with early careers, executive recruitment, human capital partners / talent business partners and business to create a talent acquisition strategy for each segment. Accountable to the performance and success of the business aligned TA team
- Lead a team of leaders dedicated to delivering the talent acquisition strategy
- Balance TA production metrics with talent quality and candidate / hiring manger experience
- Establish relationships and partnerships with key business and HC leaders to understand their talent and succession needs, develop strategies to meet these needs, and drive accountability in recruiting and selection
- Continue to build a world-class talent acquisition team focusing on the implementation of a fully business dedicated model
- Develop high performing recruitment and sourcing leaders/managers through ongoing opportunities for professional development, mentorship and coaching
- Partner with corporate D&I leadership on driving a diversity recruiting strategy
- Lead and develops TA organization, fosters inclusive/employee centric culture
- Drive overall talent forecast planning in partnership with CFO, finance and workforce management leaders
- Partner with corporate and other cross-functional partners on transformation priorities and other projects as needed
- Understand enterprise COEs and foster collaboration with key experts as business needs arise
- Educate the business and execute on enterprise initiatives that drive high impact human capital and talent practices (i.e. Common Language of Leadership, talent mobility, etc.)
- Build relationships, determine best approach to escalate to leadership, how to present negative information and present an issue to get the best response
- Understand how the entire global organization works. Recognize their role as enterprise stewards and operate at that level to optimize time, talent and capital
- Deliver TA business reviews to segment leadership and HC leaders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of leading a talent acquisition team across multiple business sectors/businesses including leading a technology recruiting team in data driven environment
- Experience with a large and complex organization
- Experience leading teams and driving results through matrixed teams and relationships
- Knowledge of applicant tracking systems / Taleo, social media, talent marketing, and recruiting process workflows
- Experience partnering with C-level leadership
- Experience in customer-centric and services organizations, and demonstrated expertise in acquiring quality talent in highly saturated markets and within the technology function
- Experience influencing, communication (written and oral), change management skills, and emotional intelligence
- Experience being consultative and collaboration skills including the ability to effectively resolve conflict, negotiate, and influence change
- Experience leading a recruiting team that facilitates internal mobility through partnership with human capital leaders
- Organizational savvy with ability to sort through complexities and synthesize information rapidly
- Innovative and passionate about experimenting with new ways of working
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Master’s Degree in HR or related field
- 10+ years TA and / or human capital experience
- Experience recruiting technology expertise into non-technology industry
- Technology or healthcare industry experience
- Talent acquisition team leadership experience resulting in hiring a minimum of 2,000 hires annually
- Talent acquisition leadership experience overseeing RPO and external recruiting vendors
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
To apply click Sr Director, Talent Acquisition