Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis
The Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis maintains a vision of excellence that is fulfilled through a commitment to a quality integrated Catholic education. This vision of excellence is animated by over 2,000 dedicated Catholic school teachers and leaders in our 91 Catholic schools. The Recruitment Specialist is responsible for implementing the talent acquisition strategies outlined in the Archdiocesan Roadmap for Excellence in Catholic Education, growing a pipeline of potential candidates for Catholic school teaching and leadership consistent with the Catholic Church’s vision of Catholic educational excellence, supporting Archdiocesan credentialing procedures, and providing professional assistance to Catholic schools engaging in the talent acquisition process.
- Implement the talent acquisition strategies and goals identified by the Archdiocesan Roadmap for Excellence in Catholic Education;
- Work with stakeholders to develop effective messaging consistent with the Archdiocesan vision of Catholic education to attract high-quality candidates;
- Effectively articulate the Archdiocesan Framework for Excellence in Catholic education and value proposition of service in Catholic education;
- Execute effective active and passive sourcing strategies to generate a pipeline of talented candidates for potential service in Catholic schools;
- Provide support to Catholic schools conducting leadership searches and own critical components of the leadership talent acquisition process;
- Plan and facilitate talent acquisition training and events;
- Foster positive collaborative relationships with Catholic organizations and stakeholders;
- Partner closely with the Institute for Catholic School Leadership at the Seminaries of Saint Paul and other local institutes to provide recruitment support for institute programming and foster relationships with program participants;
- Manage the applicant tracking system and Archdiocesan leadership credentialing system and serve as the first point of contact for leader and potential candidate questions;
- Deliver high-quality candidate experiences;
- Screen applications consistent with Archdiocesan Hiring Procedures;
- Collect, analyze, and utilize recruitment data to refine goals and objectives and inform future work;
- Author monthly recruiting and KPI status reports.
The Recruitment Specialist must possess the following:
- Commitment to participating in the life of a team dedicated to the evangelizing and catechetical mission of Catholic education;
- Ability to work with a diverse set of stakeholders including priests and religious, Catholic school leadership, Archdiocesan and parish leadership, and other Catholic organizations;
- Communicates clearly and compellingly in multiple contexts (i.e. 1:1, small groups, large audiences, events, meetings, etc.); to influence action in others, both internally and externally, verbally and in writing;
- Strategically thinks, plans, and problem-solves. Can analyze multiple pieces of data and draw strong conclusions to impact strategy;
- Ability to identify talent and encourage them to discern potential opportunities;
- Effective sales skills;
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, and is able to organize, prioritize, track, and manage workflow/resources;
- Ability to strategically manage multiple projects and work independently;
- Flexibility with duties as assigned;
- Consistently seeks growth and improvement – reflects on successes/failures, seeks feedback, incorporates feedback to improve, asks for the help or resources they need to be successful, and assumes personal responsibility;
- Approaches work with the appropriate discretion and confidentiality guided by circumstances and situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Catholic Education, Catholic Studies, Religious Studies, Business, Communications, Human Resources, or equivalent. Graduate degree preferred.
- Flexibility to travel and attend events as necessary (40%). Some evening and weekend travel is required.
- Demonstrated experience with recruitment, database management, applicant tracking systems (ATS), and candidate management systems (CMS).
- Fluency in fundamentals of the mission of Catholic education, best practices for recruitment, and core competencies for Catholic school teachers and leaders.
- Experience in Catholic schools preferred.
Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner, which is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Their behavior must not violate the faith, morals, or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese, such that can embarrass or give rise to scandal. It is required that the applicant be an active practicing Catholic.
To apply click Recruitment Specialist