Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Interstate Companies, Inc. is a dynamic organization that provides rewarding careers for more than 1,400 employees in its corporate office and five operating units – Interstate AssemblySystems, Interstate BearingSystems, Interstate IndustrialSystems, Interstate PowerSystems and I-State Truck Center.
Interstate Companies is currently seeking a Recruiter, on a temporary basis with the opportunity to be a permanent member of our HR team, with 2-5 years of experience in staffing diesel mechanics, warehouse, and general labor personnel. This role can reside at one of our branch locations to include Chicago, Sioux Falls, Omaha, Madison, Minneapolis or elsewhere within our branch locations.
As our recruiter, you are the face and voice of the company in our communities, focusing on our target segment of diesel mechanics. You are building relationships with educational organizations to lay the foundation of a recruiting pipeline for the future. Most importantly, you exemplify our commitment to superior customer service.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Conduct interviews via telephone and in person with potential candidates.
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Build networks to find qualified candidates
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data
- Assist in preparing and sending offer packages.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
- Administrative duties and record keeping.
- Minimum of 2 years of Diesel Mechanic, and/or transportation industry recruiting experience is required
- Proven candidate sourcing and relationship building skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to travel if needed.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- Competitive compensation
- Broad range of health (medical, dental and vision) insurance options
- Flexible paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interstate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.
To apply click Recruiter