Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Did your things make you go “wow” today? At SmartThings, we are dedicated to making every home a Smart Home - and as the IoT platform of Samsung, with millions of users and connected devices, we are well on our way. We strive to create an easy-to-use, secure, and above all intelligent IoT solution for the home that delights our customers. Our fun, intelligent, and creative teams need your help to make our things a little more connected, and a lot smarter.
The HR Director will be responsible for critical aspects of people management and program implementation across all organizations. We are looking for an experienced People influencer with the ability to build, maintain, and refine the SmartThings programs, policies, and infrastructure that support the SmartThings culture.
- Partner with and provide HR expertise to senior leadership; influencing and driving development and thoughtful management aligned with people policies and practices that fairly balance the interests of all team members and business needs
- Develop, streamline, and maintain equitable programs for hiring, onboarding, performance management, compensation, employee engagement, and learning and development
- Drive innovation of company-wide initiatives to increase employee satisfaction, productivity, and company culture
- Set People Team and process standards and consistently raise the bar; utilize influence, HR expertise, philosophy, industry knowledge, and strategic planning to evaluate and evolve our processes
- Provide organizational coaching in the areas of change management and organizational design and development
- Manage and develop the People Ops and Office Management team members
- Own the delivery and effectiveness of core HR initiatives
- Proactively and thoughtfully address workplace and employee relations issues on an individual and systematic basis
- Ensure compliance with applicable labor and employment laws and regulations
- 10+ years of HR experience, including 5+ years of management experience
- Prior experience in Technology/Software environment working with creative, highly paid, and self-directed talent required
- Proven experience effectively partnering with Senior Leadership to provide strategic HR direction and recommendations backed by data to ensure that policies, programs, and processes promote Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging throughout the organization
- Strong Global HR functional expertise; knowledgeable with solid experience in organizational design and development, compensation, and change management
- The ability to communicate effectively to all stakeholders and to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable as a “hands-on” manager and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgment and discretion in sensitive situations
- Honesty, integrity, and trust-building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Strong Learning and Development experience, including content creation a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience is required
- Travel: May include up to 30%
Creating a safer, smarter world with you.
SmartThings brings your home to life by being the leading open platform for the consumer Internet of Things. Bringing together developers, device makers, and service providers to make the world a smarter place. From a door that knows when to lock itself, to a living room that can get the party started or a sink that can help to call a plumber; the opportunities are endless to make everyday objects around us more useful. So if you’re innovative, not afraid to challenge status quo, collaborative and have a passion for technology, then you’ve found your next home with SmartThings!
To apply click Head of People