Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Maslon LLP is seeking a Recruiting and Professional Development Manager, who is responsible for the overall coordination and administration of legal staff recruitment and development. The position provides administrative support to the Firm's Recruitment Committee including: acting as the point of contact for law schools and coordinate on-campus recruiting, assisting with applicant tracking and screening, coordinating interviews, overseeing the summer associate program, and assisting with onboarding new lawyers. The Manager is also responsible for overseeing lawyer professional development initiatives which include: administering the annual associate performance review process with practice group leaders and firm management, identifying training needs and assisting with implementing associate training programs, and collaborating with the Diversity and Inclusion Committee to identify and implement diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives. The role will also provide support for the firm's UPLIFT (middle-school mock trial) program and the firm's public interest counsel, as well as identifying and managing pro bono opportunities in partnership with the Pro Bono Committee. The Manager will work with the Chief Operating Officer to manage event timelines, budgets, and contracts surrounding the firm's recruiting and lawyer professional development programs.
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 2-3 years in a recruiting and professional development role
- Experience with legal recruiting
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- The ability to interact effectively with team members and candidates with professionalism, diplomacy, and sound judgment
- Integrity and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all phases of the interview process (remote or in-person) from the initial applicant review through onboarding of new hires in collaboration with the Hiring Committee, Governance Committee, and/or Human Resources.
- Maintain applicant tracking system and prepare recruiting reports.
- Manage law school on campus interviewing.
- Assist with new hire requests, offer letters, and background checks.
- Oversee the summer associate program and planning of related events.
- Coordinate the associate performance review process with Practice Group Leaders.
- Support the Diversity and Inclusion Committee to propose and implement diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Identify and help coordinate pro bono opportunities in partnership with the Pro Bono Committee.
- Support Public Interest Counsel with UPLIFT activities and programs.
- Assist with the firm's lawyer professional development programs including associate training programs and firm sponsored CLEs.
- Support other professional development or administrative tasks as needed.
Maslon is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply click Recruiting and Professional Development Manager