Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Barr is a consulting company that integrates engineering and environmental expertise to help clients develop, manage, process, and restore natural resources across North America and around the world. We have been employee owned since 1966 and trace our origins to the early 1900s. Today, we have over 900 employees across the U.S and Canada who work with clients in the mining, power, fuels, public, and manufacturing sectors, as well as attorneys, developers, and others with complex problems.
Why Choose Barr?
If you are looking for an employee-owned company that fosters a collaborative environment, focuses on providing exceptional client service, offers the opportunity to work on challenging projects, and makes employee safety a top priority, Barr is the place for you. In addition to a highly competitive benefits package, we offer mentor and coaching programs to help our employees develop and grow their careers, along with opportunities for volunteering and community involvement.
The Human Resources Assistant is part of our Human Resources Operations team. Primary responsibilities will be related to supporting our staffing functions from the beginning stages of posting positions through bringing in employees for their first day of employment. This person will be responsible for acting as a helpful, warm, and welcoming first point of contact for our applicants and new hires. The position requires an unwavering commitment to internal and external client service, attention to detail, teamwork orientation, ability to multi-task, and comfort with both redundant and ambiguous tasks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling candidate interviews across multiple subunits, including occasional coordination of travel arrangements
- Posting open positions on the company website and across other targeted media
- Processing pre-employment and new hire paperwork
- Creating employment records for new hires in our HRIS system
- Maintaining neat, accurate candidate and employee files as required
- Completing employment verifications and background checks
- Coordinating agendas and disseminating information for monthly group meetings
- Establishing and updating documentation for staffing tasks
- Supporting the company-wide university outreach, college recruiting, and internship programs
- Managing the ordering and distribution of monthly employee service awards
- Supporting voluntary and involuntary termination processes
- Participating in process improvements and special projects
- Two-year degree in Business Administration or Human Resources, or at least two years of experience in a related role
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, especially the meeting scheduling components, and Microsoft Word
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience providing proactive, high-quality client service
- Strong team mentality with a willingness to assist where needed to contribute to the group’s success
- Solid critical thinking skills and ability to bring forward situationally appropriate solutions to challenges
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility to prioritize and negotiate competing responsibilities and client requests, completing tasks with minimal supervision
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
- Acceptable driving record
- Experience with Microsoft Teams
- Knowledge of laws related to recruiting and hiring
- Experience scheduling complex, virtual meetings that include attendees across multiple locations and time zones
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- HRIS and Applicant Tracking System (ATS) experience
We require proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Barr is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other lawfully protected status.
To apply click Human Resources Staffing Assistant