Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
About College Possible
College Possible is a growing nonprofit coaching students from low-income backgrounds to and through college to break the cycle of poverty and empower the next generation of leaders. Our model has earned national recognition: the inaugural Evergreen National Education Award recognized our leadership in increasing access to and success in college for students from low-income backgrounds. It also earns top-of-field results: a Harvard study found that the program more than doubles a student's chance of enrolling in a four-year college, and our students are four times more likely to become college graduates than their low-income peers. College Possible has a budget of $25 million, more than 140 full-time employees and more than 270 AmeriCorps and VISTA service members. During the 2019-2020 school year, we will reach an estimated 25,000 students in all 50 states, at more than 90 partner high schools and at more than 350 colleges.
College Possible is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks to build a diverse workforce to create impact in partnership with the communities we serve. We welcome a diverse pool of qualified applicants. For each of its positions, College Possible is mindful about what best serves our students, and seeks to hire staff with relevant experience, skills and aptitude, and a commitment to the power of education.
Headquartered in Saint Paul, Minnesota, College Possible also operates in Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL; Milwaukee, WI; Omaha, NE; Portland, OR; and Seattle, WA; and has Catalyze partnerships in MN, IA, MD, TN, NY, CA, and OH. We're joining forces with colleges to achieve a transformational impact: by 2021, we will partner with 400 colleges to reach 50,000 students.
Your Role as Talent Acquisition Manger
The Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for leading the effort to attract, hire, and retain top talent across multiple program locations. The Talent Acquisition Manger will collaborate with leaders and community stakeholders to increase name and brand recognition in multiple markets. You will lead the charge to secure AmeriCorps members and staff that play critical roles in achieving the student outcomes for which College Possible is known. Working as part of a national talent acquisition team, you help create and execute creative, resourceful, and strategic recruitment approaches to find the most highly qualified, diverse and talented pool of candidates.
The Talent Acquisition Manager embodies the following:
- You possess a firm commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. You understand the inherent value of building a team with a rich diversity of backgrounds and perspectives, knowing this makes College Possible more effective in its mission to serve students. You root your talent acquisition practices in principles of equity, and creatively and actively seek talent that reflects the students we serve.
- You understand the value of relationships. You work hard to build and sustain deep relationships in each of the communities you serve, conducting frequent outreach to connectors and influencers who can help drive talented candidates to College Possible. You actively seek to establish the College Possible presence in each of the local communities where we have a flagship site, as well as on a national scale.
- You embody teamwork. Under the leadership of the Director, Talent Strategy, and in collaboration with other Regional Managers, you will support and activate your own talents as well as those of your teammates. You see your role as part of a broader national strategy to find the best people to serve our students across the country.
- With the support of the Talent Acquisition team, createandimplementastrategytoidentifynewsourcesofapplicantsforCollegePossible AmeriCorps and staff positions
- Develop and maintain deep relationships with external partners and leverage these relationships to create robust and sustainable talentpipelines
- Work closely with the national Talent Acquisition team and site leadership to drive successful recruitment and maximize AmeriCorps fill rates
- Support organization-wide AmeriCorps recruitment, through leveraging national recruitment networks, sharing best practices, and serving as a peer leader among cross-site recruitment teams
- Familiar with using a ATS systems- Applicant Pro
- Reviews employment applications and background check reports
- Find bottlenecks in the recruiting process
- Suggest measures for improving employee retention
- Lead, oversee and supervise members of the regional recruiting team
- Use recruitment and sourcing methods for hard-to-fill roles
- Represent the organization at in-person and virtual careers fairs, information sessions and on-campus interviews and provide leadership throughout these processes
- Lead on a plan to execute robust and regular outreach to applicants throughout the process to keep them engaged and shepherd them through to the offer and initiate on-boarding
- Coordinate and lead on our interview process,working closely with College Possible director and managers keeping them informed, prepared and trained in our process;
- Work closely with program team leads on offer process and on-boarding
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring
As a Manager, Talent Acquisition, you must have a bachelor's degree (master's preferred) and bring at least 3-5 years of relevant experience including talent acquisition. You are technology savvy and understand how to leverage social media to mine for top talent. You have a willingness to travel in order to establish relationships in each market you support. You apply creative and critical thinking skills to work effectively in an ever-changing environment.
What We Offer
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including complete health, dental, life, short-term and long-term insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, and generous paid time off program.
Join Our Growing College Possible Team
Submit your resume and cover letter on or before August 28, 2020. If you have question regarding the role please contact Dr. Dia Pfleger at email@example.com
To apply click Talent Acquisition Manager