Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
As the D&I Talent Culture & University Relations Lead you will be responsible for developing and managing organizational inclusion processes that enable work life and workplace climate that is equitable across groups and individuals at Thrivent. Differences across workplace individuals will be closely examined via data gathering techniques such as surveys, focus groups, questionnaires and other relevant qualitative and quantitative approaches. The incumbent will concurrently develop, manage and implement leading edge college and university relations outreach efforts which impact faculty, staff, students, their parents and the engagement of Thrivent leaders, alumni and community leaders as deemed appropriate in recruitment and/or related relationship management efforts. A specific focus may involve outreach efforts within selected US geographical areas and targeted HBCU (Historical Black Colleges and University) schools. This position will also connect with and represent Thrivent in various external stakeholder forums and partnerships designed to support Talent & Culture, College & University Relations and Client Growth initiatives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with leaders to develop practices that enable D&I and high performance.
- Plan, develop, and direct operational efforts to help the company effectively recruit, develop, engage, and retain our diverse workforce and increase the organization’s ability to support an environment where all people feel included and comfortable being themselves, thereby leading to a stronger sense of belonging/community and ultimately greater innovation and inclusion in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Consult with and advise colleagues across an array of operational functions within and outside of HR.
- Develop evidence-based business rationale and needs assessments to determine best solutions in order to reach a desired future state benefit.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to implement innovative programs and solutions that enables Thrivent to recruit, engage, retain and develop diverse talent, especially at Colleges and Universities.
- Develop relationships with faculty, staff, students, alumni and parents where appropriate at targeted colleges and universities with a specific focus on Historical Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU).
- Develop appropriate partnerships which provide a platform and access to targeted student groups.
- Lead the learning events for D&I topics as needed.
- Develop D&I measurements for areas of responsibility and benchmark D&I best practices.
- Develops, justifies and manages functional budget.
- Create reports and communications to apprise the Chief Diversity Officer, D&I Implementation Lead and other stakeholders about the status of D&I initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years of experience in business, organizational development and/or university relations.
- Proven track record of project management.
- Demonstrated career progression of increased responsibilities.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with core diversity and inclusion concepts and practices as well as strong capability in organizational change.
- Track record of fostering, driving, and implementing innovative ideas with broad impact
- Strong analytical experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated partnering skills and ability to work across functions and communities to develop ideas and deliver outcomes
- Demonstrated team engagement which fosters a positive and inclusive experience for the team members
- Conflict Management skills
- Proven record of organizational agility, political savviness, perseverance and dealing with ambiguity
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given. At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our customers. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
For over 100 years, Thrivent has been helping people build their financial futures and live more generous lives. Today, it’s a Fortune 500 company that offers a full range of expert financial solutions, serving more than 2 million customers, as well as the communities in which they live and work.
Thrivent fosters a diverse workforce to serve our diverse clientele, reflecting a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. If you’re intrigued about our work and the possibility of becoming part of it, we invite you to visit Thrivent.com to learn more. You won’t just build a career; you’ll be part of an organization focused on growing, innovating, and serving.
To apply click D&I Talent Culture & University Relations Lead