Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
With some basic infrastructure and a high-level campus hiring strategy in place, in this newly created role, the Campus Relations Lead will execute on and further develop our campus hiring strategy into a comprehensive Campus Relations and Recruitment program for all of Daikin Applied. This position will be expected to manage the entirety of the campus program across multiple sites including campus hiring, college relations, co-op and intern programs, new graduates, and potentially some rotational programs. This role interacts closely with the company's diversity and inclusion efforts in order to sustain a key pipeline of diverse and talented candidates to continue to meet future talent needs.
The role requires experience and knowledge in campus relations. With no direct report, this role is expected to be a strong relationship manager with effective and tactful influencing skills, as well as an outstanding communicator that can manage complex projects with a variety of stakeholders internally and externally. Highlights of the role include:
- Establish and continue interactive and long-term partnerships with colleges, universities and tech schools to build pipelining opportunities. Assess the effectiveness of target schools, our campus relation processes to ensure effectiveness; course correct if needed.
- Help position Daikin Applied as an employer of choice in select target schools with a strong value proposition and a streamlined campus relations process. One of the key ways to do this is through a campus ambassador model.
- Train, equip, and work closely with campus ambassadors to work with identified target schools for long-term partnership and to build/enhance Daikin branding. Provide tools and streamlined processes to enable their Daikin representation. Help engage with student clubs and diversity groups on campus.
- Execute and coordinate on-campus events including career fairs and curriculum engagements where applicable. Engage actively in diversity conferences/events strategies.
- Partner with HR leaders and business leaders to understand business needs and commitment, set course for execution to support those business initiatives.
- Build, coordinate and lead co-op and intern programs to facilitate an inclusive and meaningful experience, including onboarding, lunch 'n learns, special events, mid-term check-ins, and a consistent evaluation process. Train, equip, guide, and work closely with intern/co-op hiring managers through these programs.
- Create, manage and facilitate a kick-off event for fiscal year campus hiring and program.
- Oversee role identification and intern selection for conversions to full-time opportunities.
- Potentially work collaboratively with HR and business teams to onboard new grads into rotational development programs, including performance management, compensation/rewards strategies, and placement opportunities post-program.
- A bachelor's degree is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of prior work experience is required.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in a full life-cycle recruiting role in a professional environment with some experience with campus or university recruiting programs.
- In depth understanding of employer and recruitment brand design as well as activation strategies that resonate with early career and academic talent
- Commitment to great candidate experience and candidate care
- Knowledge of employment-related legal requirements. Prior applicant tracking, background screening and/or HR systems experience
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and networks; or, preferably already has a well-developed network of diverse talent pools (organizations, associations, etc.), and resources.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize and present information concisely per target audience
- Excellent program design and project management skills
- High sense of urgency, bias for action, and ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills, work ethic, initiative, and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, email)
- Ability to travel ~20-30%
About Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied designs and manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems for customers around the world. Customers turn to Daikin with confidence that they will experience outstanding performance, reliability and energy efficiency. Daikin Applied product, solutions and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service, and parts offices.
Daikin Applied's parent company, Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2013 revenues in excess of $18 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide, making it the largest HVAC manufacturer in the world. Daikin Industries specializes in the development, manufacture, sales and aftermarket support of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) equipment, refrigerants and other chemicals, as well as oil hydraulic products. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Forbes magazine and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply click Campus Relations Lead