Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Minneapolis Public Schools
Job Title: Human Resources Specialist - Talent Acquisition and Requisition ID number: 67926
Close Date: 12:01 AM on 07/26/2020
Organizational Unit: Talent Acquisition (10000777)
Site: Davis Center (0001)
FTE: 1.0 FTE; 40 hours/week; 52 weeks; this is based on full-time equivalency with 1.0 being full time
Functional Area: Administrative
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory to apply for any position.
Under general supervision, performs experienced administrative duties in the processing of Human Resources (HR) forms and documents, and provides assistance to employees, applicants and the general public; provides technical support to HR staff as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS -- Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serves as first point-of-contact communication in HR office by primarily managing front desk, phones, and walk-in appointments
- Responds to requests for information and assistance; explains HR policies to employees, applicants and the public; greets and assists visitors, provides technical information to MPS staff and assistance to the public within scope of authority.
- Assists HR staff with special projects, technical research, data analysis, recruiting, community outreach, budgets and payroll issues as directed.
- Performs work within scope of authority and training in assigned area of responsibility; duties may vary according to job assignment.
- Evaluates HR data reports, updates databases and files, and corrects data as needed.
- Performs various administrative functions within the HR Department; processes transactional information; performs experienced technical records management duties; performs data entry and record updates for employee tracking, records maintenance and database management.
- Assists employees with processing and completion of HR documents; provides instruction and assistance on enrollment forms; addresses questions regarding benefits, policy and procedures, and other personnel issues within scope of authority.
- Researches and resolves employee issues, and communicates information on status and changes.
- Prepares correspondence and memorandums; maintains HR files, forms, documentation and information in accordance with City policies and procedures; performs special HR projects as directed, and prepares reports as required.
- Cross-trains in a wide variety of technical HR functions; assists in cross-training other staff.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with students, clients, visitors, and MPS staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Enthusiastically promotes the Superintendent’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, records and MPS information.
- Accesses highly confidential documents relating to the bargaining process, and maintains strict confidentiality of document content and meeting discussions.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
- At times may be required to work outside normal business hours and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines Associate’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or Public Administration, or related field; AND two (2) years Human Resources support experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by Human Resources.
- Specialized software applications, including Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Principles of confidential records and file management.
- State and Federal laws, statutes, rules, codes and regulations governing HR functions.
- Organizational and functional responsibilities of HR Department work groups.
- Principles and practices of effective customer service.
- Answering questions, advising staff, and providing effective customer service on HR issues.
- Collecting and analyzing data, and preparing reports.
- Entering data into a computer system with speed and accuracy.
- Providing effective customer service.
- Reviewing documents and extracting relevant information.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Operating a personal computer utilizing standard and specialized software.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
Strong ability to multi-task.
Impeccable customer service skills.
Ability to thrive in an ever changing, high-volume environment.
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee. Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability or status with regard to public assistance.
Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Specialist