Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Bite Squad is growing fast and looking for an HR professional to join our team at Corporate HQ in Minneapolis, MN! Due to COVID-19, this position is expected to start remotely, and will eventually report to our Corporate HQ office in Minneapolis.
About Waitr Holdings Inc.
Founded in 2013 and based in Lafayette, Louisiana, Waitr is a leader in on-demand food ordering and delivery. Waitr, along with Bite Squad connect local restaurants to hungry diners in underserved U.S. markets. Together they are a convenient way to discover, order and receive great food from local restaurants, national chains and grocery stores. As of June 30, 2020, Waitr and Bite Squad operated in small and medium sized markets in the United States in over 600 cities.
Bite Squad is looking for a Senior HR Business Partner / People Operations Managers to drive HR initiatives and strategies aligned with the overall business strategy of the company. As a key member of the human resources team, this position works collaboratively with all levels in the organization to create and maintain a high-performing teams with a focus on employee engagement and team effectiveness. We are looking for someone who exudes gumption; loves ambiguity; challenges the status quo; and sees themselves as a builder.
- Provide support and guidance to HR Business Partners, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations; partner with legal counsel as needed.
- Oversee employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Oversee HRBPs' partnership with management to create and maintain a high-performing organization with a focus on employee engagement and team effectiveness.
- Coach leaders in people management best practices (i.e., attraction, performance management, reward and recognition, employee development and retention strategies); work closely with internal partners including Talent Acquisition, Employee Services, and Learning & Development.
- Collaborate with managers to understand the organization's goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Align HR business practices and policies to the operational needs of the business.
- Implement and monitor change and organizational development.
- Understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of HR within the company.
- Provide recommendations to management on how to respond to emerging workplace trends and / or how to address employee needs or issues with balance for both legal compliance and culture.
- Assist in the design and implementation of programs to drive employee engagement.
- Partner with management to create and maintain a high-performing organization with a focus on employee engagement and team effectiveness; facilitate team-building, development, and training initiatives in partnership with Learning & Development.
- Partner with management to ensure that organization structure, design, and staffing of position and utilization of human resources are effective and consistent with business needs; provide periodic reports and data on a timely basis; advocate for employee involvement and empowerment in decision-making.
- Promote workplace health and safety.
- Mitigate employment-related risks; partner with legal as needed.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Partner with Talent Acquisition for interviewing and selection to ensure a consistent, high-quality talent pipeline; assist hiring managers with the effective use of talent assessment, selection processes, selection criteria, and onboarding tools. Ensure compliance with hiring regulations.
- Lead or support HR and organization / departmental projects.
- Identify and implement process, system, and control improvements.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field.
- 7+ years of professional HR experience or similar experience preferred.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- Must be “hands-on,” able to hit the ground running and be proactive and visible within the company.
- Must be an outstanding leader, able to cultivate relationships, build trust and provide timely execution and top quality services.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Ultimate software experience
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Nimble: You move fast and accurately in a dynamic environment .
Customer-Focused: Proactively seeks and finds ways to provide the highest standards of service.
Innovator: Generates and recognizes creative solutions in varying work situations.
Team player: Collaboration and strong communication skills.
Effective Communicator: Demonstrates open, honest and respectful written and verbal communication.
Results-Oriented: Productively focuses time and resources on activities to produce quality results.
Forward-Thinking: Problem solver, do whatever it takes attitude
Strategic Thinker: Views events and possibilities from multiple perspectives. Understands the bigger picture and the interdependencies and effects of other systems.
Ethical: Maintains and promotes individual and organization integrity and values in the conduct of all activities.
Very limited travel possible if business needs arise.
Bite Squad is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Bite Squad is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Bite Squad are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply click People Operations Manager