Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
The Talent Acquisition Sr. Manager is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to the Securian talent acquisition staff to achieve established employment goals and to maintain a 'Best Place to Work' culture. This position provides leadership and direction on hiring strategies and advises leadership on hiring decision and promotions.
The Talent Acquisition department at Securian is a trusted talent advisor and strategic partner to the business.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Direct all hiring at the Company for current and future staffing needs. This includes consulting with team and leadership on strategies relating to the recruitment, selection, retention, development and promotion of Securian associates.
- Lead a Talent Acquisition staff of six associates and indirect supervision of four support associates to foster a commitment to quality and excellence.
- Manage and facilitate the Talent Acquisition process for the Company’s leadership level positions.
- Strategize and execute opportunities to communicate and increase the Company employment brand in order to hire top talent (e.g. digital marketing, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Advise management on marketplace conditions, candidate availability and salary equity to develop appropriate recruitment and selection strategies for open positions.
- Provide selection advice to decision makers on promotions and new hires which is done by understanding business needs, conducting interviews with candidates, ascertaining individuals' career goals and leading the job offer process.
- Oversee a significant portion of the contingent workforce management including oversight of the Company’s internal staffing pool and staffing agencies.
- Provide direction and is accountable for the strategy and execution of the college recruiting program that provides top quartile candidates in five entry level programs: Actuarial, Business Technology, Information Technology, Management Development, and Underwriting. In addition, participate in college recruiting events that include career fairs, presentations and on-campus interviews.
- Oversee the Company’s college internship program to maximize transition of highly-qualified conversion from intern to fulltime hires.
- Provide leadership on creative recruitment strategies to achieve goals and objectives of Company retention standards, Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Programs.
- Engage in additional enterprise projects and initiatives as needed as well as initiate and manage a variety of Human Resources projects to increase our competitive advantage as an employer of choice.
- Proven leadership and management experience and skills to lead and motivate a talent acquisition function and staff.
- Past experience in recruiting with interviewing experience. Proven track record of success in ability to source candidates, assess qualifications and apply excellent judgment in matching these to the requirements of current and future openings.
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence at all levels within the Company.
- Demonstrated self-initiative to independently lead and manage multiple complex employment-related projects and situations with proven planning, organization skills and a strong sense of urgency.
- Innovative thinking and creativity to develop talent acquisition strategies as well as produce successful process improvement solutions.
- Ability to represent Securian Financial Group externally in a professional manner.
- Comprehensive knowledge of best practice recruitment strategies and other Human Resource disciplines.
- Strong internal and external customer service focus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to work with and manage highly-sensitive material in a confidential manner.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time between January to March and September to November.
- Successful track record in a four year degree program.
- Experience in the Financial Services industry.
- PHR or SPHR Designation.
Securian Financial is based in downtown St. Paul for nearly 140 years. We’re committed to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our employees for professional development and growth and a number of diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the company. There’s a reason our employees have voted us as a best place to work year after year! In addition:
Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for whatever matters most to you!
Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at Securian!
Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan – great resources to secure your financial future.
Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision plans.
Discounted Metro Transit costs. All buses and the light rail stop within 3 blocks of our buildings.
Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Ergonomic sit/stand desks.
Physical job requirements:
Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 3-6 hours per day
Ability to utilize telephone for approximately 1-3 hours per day
Ability to perform simple grasping including handwriting, paper manipulation, sorting, folding, etc. periodically throughout entire workday
Ability to travel 20% of the time between January - March and September - November. This also includes the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. (e.g. recruitment displays, materials and luggage)
The physical job requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal employment opportunity:
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran status, status in regard to public assistance, status in a local human rights commission, or any other status or condition protected by local, state or federal law.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Sr. Manager