Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
University of Minnesota
- Bachelor’s degree required. Prefer specialization in business, human resources, and related fields.
- Minimum five years experience in human resources related areas.
- Demonstrated experience sourcing and selecting exempt and non exempt level positions.
- Previous human resources generalist experience strongly preferred, with experience desired in recruitment.
- Strong knowledge of employment laws.
- Demonstrated experience with recruitment and selection practices and standards, such as job advertisement, resume screening, applicant tracking and interviewing.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated customer-service orientation with high energy and work style which positively engages others in the work of the team.
- Excellent problem solving skills, research skills, with demonstrated critical thinking ability.
- Ability to maintain confidential information; responsive to the needs of internal and external constituencies, establishing effective working relationships and responding with a sense of urgency specific audiences; customer focused.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required with strong customer service orientation, writing using good grammatical style and form
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interface with supervisors/managers, employees and candidates and network with industry colleagues.
- Effective organizational skills with strong attention to detail; ability to prioritize support for a multi-functional work group; demonstrated ability to successfully meet deadlines; flexible, ability to adjust effectively to unexpected changes.
- Proven ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Human Resource Management System experience, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Human resources experience at the University of Minnesota.
- Demonstrated knowledge in human resources policy, concepts, practices, and programs
American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirements: Office environment including standing and sitting at desk, use of PC, occasional lifting of approximately 10#.
About the Job
Provides human resources services to Foundation (UMF) management and staff in full-cycle recruitment and selection. This role will partner with Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) and hiring managers to understand talent strategies and business needs. This role will lead the talent acquisition function to ensure operational excellence in service delivery, while directly providing consultation and guidance in: planning, sourcing, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding of the right talent. This position will help to position UMF for success in meeting its short- and long-term goals. In addition, will embrace University’s and UMF’s commitment to attracting, developing, retaining a talent pipeline that is inclusive, equitable and diverse.
Talent Acquisition (70%)
- Consult with Foundation leadership to identify strategic direction, workforce planning needs, and search opportunities. Work with, advise, and coordinate with University of Minnesota Foundation (UMF) Human Resources, UMF Development leadership, Collegiate/unit based development partners and leadership, and college/unit HR staff on recruitment, selection, and integration of professional development staff.
- Develop and implement hiring strategies for all UMF positions and U-wide development. Build strong working relationships with the HR college/campus/unit representatives and hiring managers to understand the hiring needs and to develop effective solutions for the hiring department.
- Work closely with UMF HR leadership and hiring manager on compensation market data, ranges, and total compensation opportunities.
- Source candidates and build a pipeline of talent using a variety of options including website, online career boards, job fairs, informational interviews, referrals, social media, and other. Create regional and national strategies to heighten awareness of career opportunities for the UofM development enterprise.
- Manage external recruiting sources and search firm relationships for engagement when appropriate. Negotiate and evaluate contracts for competitive fees and service delivery.
- Develop and maintain professional relationship with central university human resources staff to support the posting, applicant tracking, and online data access for search activities. Maintain applicant forms, search files, and documentation as necessary for search activities and to meet legal guidelines and university policy for employment.
- Collect and interpret data to enhance recruitment efforts; analyze trends in the market place, identify and maintain a candidate database for on-going networking.. Travel to area and regional conferences (CASE, AFP) to network and recruit potential candidates. Develop network of industry contacts to help identify and sources quality talent.
- Serve as point of contact for candidates to facilitate engagement at the University; create a database of diverse candidates and create a pipeline that will maximize the recruitment of diverse candidates for current and future position openings
- Represent UMF at recruiting events including career fairs, information sessions, interview days, and networking events; attend conferences and career expos sponsored by professional associations.
Selection and Hiring Process (30%)
- Researches, tests and implements new recruiting and hiring tools to increase efficiency such as virtual interviews, web based reference checks, etc.
- Provides advice, counsel, and technical assistance on the hiring process, interviews, employment laws, and other hiring and selection related issues.
- Manages applicant tracking system, including creating job postings and updating status of candidates.
- Screens applicants for minimum qualifications, responds to applicant questions based on the employee groups
- Ensures that hiring and recruiting processes are documented accurately
- Ensures that recruiting and employment practices are compliant with applicable University policies, federal, state, and local laws.
- Work with the HR team on strategic projects and take ownership of certain initiatives on behalf of the team.
- Provide assistance with HRMS management including processing of HR transactions, retrieving data, posting jobs, etc.
Occasional travel may be required, in addition to occasional attendance at evening or weekend events.
About the Department
The University of Minnesota Foundation (UMF) operates as a separate nonprofit organization with the sole purpose of supporting the University. It has been designated by the University of Minnesota’s Board of Regents as the central development office for the University, responsible for raising and managing private gifts to the University.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Partner