Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
This individual will be part of a team that sources, recruits and selects inexperienced and experienced financial advisor candidates. This includes developing and implementing effective recruiting and selection programs and tools to increase candidate flow and hiring. Involves coordinating the creation, promotion and execution of best practices with other home office staff and then providing advice and influence to managing partners, sales managers and recruiters to help achieve firm hiring objectives.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and implement selection systems, demonstrating knowledge of a successful candidate profile for each assigned firm.
- Partner with firm leadership to maximize recruiting resources, including college recruiting, career fairs, media, web sites, databases and referrals.
- Lead candidates through the selection process, working with and influencing firm leadership in reviewing and gaining approval on recommended candidates through a consistent selection process.
- Obtain knowledge of the industry and competitors' trends in advisor recruiting and selection.
- Represent both Securian's value proposition and individual firm proposition in a professional and compelling manner.
- Establish best practices to assist firm leaders in effective marketing and recruiting strategies.
- Train and implement advisor sourcing and selection strategies for local firms and Securian.
- Working knowledge of recruiting and selection techniques for financial advisor candidates.
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and professionalism to effectively represent Securian and firms to a wide variety of candidates.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem-solving and judgment skills to develop, evaluate and recommend effective recruiting and selection tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate Securian's distribution value proposition, including advisor compensation models.
- Demonstrated project management to successfully implement programs and strategies.
- Strong organization and planning skills to simultaneously manage recruiting programs and process through a variety of Securian firms.
- Proven persuasion and human relation skills to interact with and influence a wide variety of firm management, candidates and Wealth Management Group associates.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Four-year degree.
- 3 years Field/Firm experience.
Securian Financial is based in downtown St. Paul for nearly 140 years. We’re committed to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our employees for professional development and growth and a number of diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the company. There’s a reason our employees have voted us as a best place to work year after year! In addition:
Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for whatever matters most to you!
Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at Securian!
Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan – great resources to secure your financial future.
Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision plans.
Discounted Metro Transit costs. All buses and the light rail stop within 3 blocks of our buildings.
Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Ergonomic sit/stand desks.
Physical job requirements:
Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 3-6 hours per day
Ability to utilize telephone for approximately 1-4 hours per day
Ability to perform simple grasping including handwriting, paper manipulation, sorting, folding, etc. periodically throughout entire workday
The physical job requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran status, status in regard to public assistance, status in a local human rights commission, or any other status or condition protected by local, state or federal law.
To apply click Field Recruitment Consultant