Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Smith, Schafer & Associates
Smith, Schafer and Associates, Ltd., a multi-office accounting and consulting firm, has an opening for a Talent Manager to join our firm in our Corporate department. The primary purpose of this position is to manage the recruiting, retention and overall job satisfaction of our employees. Reports to the COO, and participates in committee meetings. In addition to general responsibility for recruiting and retaining top talent, assists top management with strategic planning implementation as it relates to our employees, and contributes to cost-effective management throughout the organization.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
- Participate in all Committee meetings
- Assist in risk management of the Firm
- Firm license renewals and administration
- Oversee CPA individual license renewals
- Assist in maintaining appropriate insurance policies for the Firm
- Other Firm management functions
- Recruiting and selection of qualified candidates
- Onboarding of new hires
- Participate in the performance evaluation process
- Salary administration
- Benefit administration
- Maintain appropriate Health and Employee Benefit insurance policies
- Workers Compensation
- CPE tracking and reporting
- COBRA administration
- Personnel data system
- Resource allocation
- Employment verifications
- Coordinate CPE events
- Coordinate Firm events
- Liaison between staff and Firm management
- Other Human Resource management functions for both accounting and administrative staff
- Has knowledge of accounting or other professional service organizations, and has experience managing business operations such as human resources.
- Can identify and analyze complex issues and problems in management areas and recommend and implement solutions. Can manage HR functions economically and efficiently, organize work, establish priorities, and maintain good interpersonal relations and communications with CPAs and support staff. Displays excellent supervisory and leadership skills. Demonstrates willingness and ability to delegate.
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with major course work in business administration, management, human resources, or comparable work experience.
- 7 years of HR experience in a professional services organization.
- Occasional same-day travel for meetings and events using a personal vehicle.
- Requires the ability to lift up to 20 pounds, stand or sit for extended periods of time, as well as type/enter data at a keyboard regularly.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
BENEFITS TO THE ACCOUNTANT
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a smaller environment with the industry experience and knowledge of a large firm. Competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience including 401k match.
As a recent recipient of the Best Places to Work in Southeast Minnesota, it is our goal at Smith Schafer to continue to hire the most talented individuals who will make a positive impact on our clients and contribute to the success of our Firm. Smith Schafer offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply click Talent Manager