Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Choosing a career with ECMC Group means joining a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students succeed. With a vibrant mission and values, great benefits, and strong community involvement, ECMC Group companies are an ideal team to join.
The Manager of Talent Acquisition is a key member of the HR Management team and serves in a player/coach capacity. They provide direct leadership for a team of Talent Acquisition professionals as well as playing a primary role as recruiter for a slate of open requisitions. The incumbent will coach and mentor their team to ensure that business objectives are translated into appropriate internal and external talent acquisition solutions. They will develop and leverage strong relationships across the HR function to collectively achieve results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- HR Functional Leadership
- Provide thought leadership to help shape the strategic direction of the HR function.
- Partner with colleagues/peers on the HR Leadership Team to actively monitor and improve the service delivery across the entire HR team
- Is a role model across the HR function; is trusted by team members and is looked to for coaching and development by HR team members.
- Participate in discussions to further drive engagement of the HR team.
- Analyze trends and metrics to diagnose and resolve issues that impact organizational performance.
- People Leadership
- Identify and maintain ongoing feedback process with business leaders to ensure business needs are being met.
- Continue to enhance the recruiting skills of the team through education, feedback, coaching, and development.
- Ensure that the Talent Acquisition team is building relationships with and leveraging the expertise and services of the HR Centers of Excellence and the HR Operations teams
- Monitor and build engagement within the Talent Acquisition team.
- Is a role model for service orientation; provide coaching and development to enhance the overall service orientation mindset within HR
- Talent Acquisition Oversight
- Analyze and develop short and long term strategies to acquire talent for ECMC, ECMC Shared Services and Zenith Education Group
- Collaborate with hiring leaders to ensure the company fills all open positions with high quality employees in a timely manner to meet business needs; develops creative solutions for hard-to-fill openings
- Create sound and fiscally responsible processes for all talent acquisition support functions (relocation, background checks, system support, etc.)
- Ensure a robust and repeatable process is used to identify and select preferred sourcing vendors. Manage all department vendor relationships, including leading the internal contract review process.
- Partner closely with the HRBP team to proactively manage the talent acquisition process
- Analyze recruiting volume trends; proactively identifies capacity constraints and creative solutions.
- Maintain high level of knowledge of industry and labor market trends
- Oversee the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Complies with all policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Human Resources
- At least 3 years’ Recruiting experience
- At least 3 years’ experience managing people
- Professional HR Certification (PHR/SPHR)
- Experience leading a Talent Acquisition function
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comfort operating and leading in an environment with high ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic; delivers on commitments and communicates appropriately.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects concurrently and work through conflicting priorities; strong project management skills
- Consulting, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Personal resilience; rebounds quickly from setbacks
- Collaborates effectively across and at all levels of the organization; builds trust quickly
- Strong sense of team; deeply held belief in delivering solutions through “one HR” team
- Acts as change agent
- Displays and promotes high standards of ethical conduct and behaviors
- Strength in using data to draw conclusions and influence recommendations
- Experience using Workday applicant tracking system, leveraging process applications, dashboards, and reporting functionality.
- Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies. [Pursues future possibilities; big-picture thinking; acts purposefully; anticipates change; connects vision & action; knows the business]
Builds Effective Teams
- Builds strong-identity, engaged teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals. [Motivates and develops people; sets goals; leverages strengths; provide recognition; fosters collaboration]
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments; acts with a clear sense of ownership and takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions and failures. [Follows through; provides updates; seeks feedback; admits errors]
- Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm. [Embraces opportunities; takes decisive action; responds quickly; can-do attitude; solution focused]
- Speaks and writes in a clear, compelling and concise manner that meets the needs of different audiences. Listens actively and encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions. [Shares knowledge; actively listens; asks questions; clear & concise]
- Gains insights into the needs of your customer to build strong relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions. [Understands & responds; anticipates needs; exceeds expectations; genuine]
- Gains confidence and trust of others through honesty, reliability, integrity and authenticity. [Direct & truthful; honors commitments; adheres to policy; earns respect]
- Directly manages 3 full time Recruiters and contract recruiters depending on volume of work
Office: Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office environment that requires normal safety precautions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Sedentary work: Job involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing etc. may be minimally required.
Rarely if at all - less than 10% of the time.
ECMC Group is a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students recognize and realize their potential by investing in, creating and providing innovative education solutions that support schools and improve student educational outcomes.
Helping Students Succeed Since 1994:
- 13.9 Million student loan borrowers helped
- 34 Thousand Career and Technical Education students graduated
- $100 Million in Philanthropic giving
At ECMC Group, we don’t just talk about valuing our employees; we back it up by providing a comprehensive, competitive Total Rewards package:
- Health & wellness benefits- Variety of medical, dental, and vision insurance plans to meet diverse needs, plus ECMC Group covers more of the cost for these benefits than 75% of other employers do. Company paid life & disability insurance, pre-tax flexible spending accounts and robust wellness programs including access to on-site gym and free group fitness classes.
- Financial benefits- Generous 401(k) plan with a company match up to 6%, paid time off starting at 20 days/year and commuter subsidy which covers the full cost of a Metropass.
- Education assistance- Tuition reimbursement up to $10,500/year for approved programs, Student loan reimbursement up to $400/month and scholarship program for dependents of employees.
To apply click Manager of Talent Acquisition