Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
The Human Resources (HR) Department seeks an experienced Executive Recruiter to manage the recruitment, hiring, and onboarding process for senior and executive leadership roles at Hennepin County. This position will work within the Talent Acquisition division of HR supporting the implementation of full cycle recruitment in order to strengthen Hennepin County efforts to recruit and retain skilled, talented, and diverse leaders.
Location and hours:
This position is located in the Hennepin County Government Center, 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55487. Work hours will typically be Monday through Friday, days, with occasional evenings and weekends in order to attend professional and recruitment events. This position requires frequent travel to various locations throughout the Twin Cities and may include occasional travel within and out of state.
In this position, you will:
- Analyze workforce and market data to develop targeted recruitment strategies that align with the county goals
- Build a strong network pipeline of qualified, diverse candidates to meet current and future hiring needs for leadership positions across the county; source candidates through active participation in professional associations, events, social media, referrals and direct contact
- Represent the county at professional and community events; serve on panels and participate in meetings on behalf of Hennepin County as an employer
- Oversee and participate in the screening and interviewing of candidates, ensuring candidate pool reflects the position needs and county goals; function as an intermediary between leadership and candidates to effectively respond to issues and concerns; ensure compliance with all applicable laws, policies and procedures
- Provide recommendations of finalists to hiring leaders; make job offers and negotiate terms of employment
- Support the candidate's transition and onboarding process; participate via multiple methods to ensure the new leader is connected with resources throughout their first year
- Coordinate the post-hire process evaluation with hiring leaders and human resources team. Make recommendations for process improvement
- One of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in business administration, human resources, industrial relations, public administration, psychology or a field closely related to the position and four or more years of professional human resources or related recruitment experience
- Certificate in human resources from an approved college or university or two years of college including 12 semester credits in the above fields and six or more years of professional human resources or related recruitment experience
- Note: Experience can be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel to various locations throughout the Twin Cities and occasionally travel within and out of state
Nice to have:
- Experience recruiting and hiring qualified and diverse talent into senior and executive leadership roles
- Business acumen with ability to understand a complex organizational environment
- Experience with candidate sourcing tools and methods; skill in effectively and independently using technology in all phases of the hiring process; experience with talent analytics
- Excellent influencing interpersonal and written communication skills; engaging public speaking and presentation skills
- Experience working with executive and/or elected leaders to help achieve organizational goals
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively influence change with successful outcomes through relationship building and critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Skill in identifying opportunities for improvement and developing innovative solutions
About the department:
In Human Resources, we make it our mission to provide an employee experience that attracts and retains the best talent to serve our residents. HR programs and services are instrumental in realizing the county's stated organizational value: "Continuous development and engagement of our workforce to reflect innovation, creativity, and diversity in planning for the future."
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This position is internally classified as a Human Resources Representative, Principal.
To apply click Executive Recruiter