Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Careers that Change Lives
As a Talent Management Consultant, you will be an integral part of the Global Talent and Leadership Development Center of Excellence (COE). You will be responsible for the successful deployment of talent management processes and solutions to business leaders, managers and employees. You will form a strong consulting partnership with the HR Business Partners and senior executives to understand the business strategy and effectively assess and determine the critical talent needs and apply expert delivery and development of COE developed programs and talent strategies.
Just like the businesses we support, we aspire to be progressive, innovative, strategic and global. We are not just executors of required talent processes; we represent the Voice of our Customers, designs, assess the business strategies against our talent pools and help co-design talent strategies to improve our succession pipelines, talent readiness and inclusion and retention. You can definitely grow your career with us; we hope you’ll consider joining our team!
A Day in the Life
Strategic Consultation and Partnering
• Consult with HR and Business Leaders to uncover talent related needs and identify solutions/develop strategies to meet those needs
• Design content for and facilitation of quarterly talent conversations with leadership teams in alignment with Talent Mastery aspirations and principles
• Develops in-partnership with HRVPs, talent strategies & KPIs for the businesses you support, examples: strategic workforce planning, organizational health/engagement actions as well as diversity and inclusion actions
• Influences, consults and coaches on best practices in talent management/ leadership development
Build, Analyze and Manage Talent Bench
• Execute the Organization and Talent Planning process to ensure that we are creating a strong diverse leadership bench for the future. Develop a plan based on the outcomes of the OTP process and execute against it to ensure robust succession plans for identified roles.
• Analyze the health of and actively manage key talent pools (for example High Potentials, Diverse Talent, Successors, etc.) through actively engaging and monitoring the development of this talent eg. Personal connections, development plans are progressing, internal talent slating
Advance Tenet 5 Through Deploying Core Talent Processes for Organizations
• Roll out and roll up of: Talent review/Org and Talent Planning, Performance & Career Development Process- ensuring complete large organizations are successful completing the processes and providing consulting and support to the executives
• Partner closely with Global Talent and Leadership Development Center to design programs and tools that meet the unique needs of the business, and deploy targeted solutions as needed (i.e. assessment, coaching, org design, employee relations, talent acquisition, analytics, etc.
• Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years of professional work experience OR Advanced Degree and 8+ years of experience
• 5+ years of HR experience (talent/change management consulting is considered equivalent to formal HR department role)
Nice to Have
• Experience creating and managing editorial content
• Experience working in healthcare/medical device
• Mastery of writing and editing skills required to conduct interviews and produce hard news and news feature articles with minimal editing on tight deadlines
• Strong storytelling skills using inverted pyramid and narrative techniques
• Experience with writing substantive thought leadership content that emphasizes knowledge and insight-sharing
• Expertise in translating complex data into compelling communications
• Ability to understand and clearly convey complex clinical and economic information
• Research and analysis skills, e.g., ability to undertake reviews of the scientific literature
• Time management skills and ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects
• Understanding of proper sourcing, attribution and journalistic principles
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy, with a commitment to fact-checking and proofreading
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
To apply click Talent Management Consultant