Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Western National is seeking an up-and-coming recruiter looking to grow their skills in a corporate environment by working closely with a Senior Recruiter on day-to-day positions in a growing organization. This exciting full-time role will allow someone with a background in recruiting/sourcing to use their skills to help fill open positions, grow relationships and learn the business.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in the corporate or 3rd party staffing world. This position will work closely with hiring managers across a variety of functional areas but a focus in IT staffing would be preferred.
- Responsible for full life cycle recruiting of assigned positions. This includes:
- Partnering with hiring managers to understand open positions and initiate job posting/sourcing.
- Reviewing resumes and conducting phone interviews to further vet candidate’s skills.
- Scheduling/coordinating/conducting onsite interviews with all involved parties.
- Extending job offers and preparing for the new hires first day.
- Maintain candidate information in iCIMS Applicant Tracking System and communicate with hiring managers and candidates throughout the sourcing/hiring process.
- Use variety of tools such as LinkedIn, Indeed and Handshake to source potential candidates.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition Specialist to discuss recruiting strategies, best practices and build sourcing plans when appropriate.
- 1-3 years of recruiting experience in a corporate environment or with a staffing agency.
- Proven experience sourcing candidates via LinkedIn, Indeed and other similar sites.
- Comfortable working with the Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Related bachelors’ degree or equivalent blend of education and experience.
Western National Insurance is a growing, A+ rated (A.M. Best) group of property-and-casualty insurance companies serving individuals, families, and businesses in 20 states across the Midwestern and Western U.S. plus Alaska. Currently ranked as the 57th largest private company by revenue in Minnesota (Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal), Western National has consistently earned accolades as an employer of choice, including as a Star Tribune Top Workplace (2011 – 2016), and previously as a recipient of the Minnesota Business Ethics Award, as a Minnesota Business Magazine Top 100 Workplace, as a Principal Financial “10 Best” Company, and as a finalist for the Alfred P. Sloan “When Work Works” Award.
Western National is known as “The Relationship Company®”, and caring for employees is a key part of that relationship commitment. Western National offers competitive pay, advancement opportunities, a generous benefits package, a robust wellbeing program, and a healthy work/life balance (including three weeks of paid time off, nine paid holidays, and eight hours of paid volunteer time as a starting point for new employees). These attributes are just some of the reasons why nearly half of our employees choose to stay on the Western National team for 10 years or more.
Our benefits package includes:
- 401(k) company match
- Medical insurance – We offer affordable (thanks to a strong employer subsidy), above-average coverage and the choice of either a traditional Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) option OR a High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) option
- Western Wellbeing program – Including on-site massage, yoga classes, healthy snack days, sit/stand workstations, nutrition seminars, and more
- 100% company-paid tuition reimbursement for approved, job-relevant coursework
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Other standard employee benefits – Including dental insurance, vision benefits, life insurance, disability insurance, and more
We could continue to list the things that we think make Western National a great place to work, but why not hear it instead from actual current and former employees? Here are some quotes that Western National employees have posted to the Glassdoor public review site:
- “Excellent company which prioritizes customer service and community service.”
- “Just a great place to come to work, and stay for a career. I love the personal touch from [the] executive suite on down. [The] CEO is on a first-name basis with everyone.”
- “Above-average benefits, especially on the health insurance front.”
- “I have felt welcomed here and I feel like the Senior Management cares.”
Western National is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
To apply click Corporate Recruiter