Part Time Minnesota Recruiter Internship
Quality Bicycle Products
Quality Bicycle Products is in the business of bikes! From creating a portfolio of our own award-winning brands to distributing the top names and best products in the industry, we’re doing our part to further bike-kind. With distribution centers in Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Colorado, and Taiwan, QBP serves a network of more than 5,000 independent retailers and 450+ suppliers world-wide. We strive to be an extraordinary business to partner with and to work for, and have made good on that goal for over 35 years. As a values-driven company, making the world a better place has always been at the heart of everything QBP does. We believe that our actions as individuals and as a company can make a difference, so we work every day to improve the sustainability and health of our industry and our communities.
What you will do:
The Talent Acquisition Intern will gain meaningful, real work experience by coordinating and executing the full cycle of hiring from sourcing, interviewing through candidate selection for our Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Internship Program for the summer of 2020. QBP is committed to contributing to a larger culture shift in the bike and outdoor industries and a shift toward inclusivity, embracing new and different ideas, and amplifying diverse perspectives. The purpose of the DEI Internship program is to diversify QBP and the cycling industry by encouraging talented students who are members of underrepresented communities and identities and/or students with a demonstrated commitment towards advancing issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion to pursue careers in the bicycle industry.
- Be a role model to others in the service provided to HR’s customers. Be available, approachable, and responsive to all customer inquiries and requests. Interact with customers in an honest, direct, and friendly manner while maintaining and forwarding an environment of trust, respect, and compassion.
- Be a primary representative of QBP during the recruiting and hiring process for prospective interns. Demonstrate through words and actions all the great things QBP has to offer employees while also developing and maintaining strong relationships with hiring managers.
- Post intern job postings/advertisements as required, both in the ATS and on other platforms, including school job boards.
- Review applications and confirm basic qualifications, skill set, interest, job fit, salary requirements, etc.
- Schedule and conduct phone screen interviews to identify qualified candidates and schedule interviews for hiring managers. Participate in interviews as available.
- Work with HR and hiring managers on creating and making offers to top candidates.
- Coordinate the pre-employment process.
- Partner with hiring managers and the Talent Acquisition team to develop effective internship recruitment strategies.
- Manage candidates throughout the recruitment process and ensure a positive candidate experience through effective communication.
- Complete various administrative work supporting the multi-site HR team.
What you need to succeed:
- Major in Human Resources, or related field, strongly preferred
- Previous HR internship experience or related business communications focused internship experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of human resources recruiting/onboarding functions
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and on the phone, ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal/external stakeholders, and strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently, be proactive and problem-solve, and know when to ask questions
- Positive attitude and high attention to detail
- Experienced in Microsoft Office, experience in an ATS preferred
- Possess a foundation of knowledge regarding HR related laws (FLSA, ADA, FMLA, EOE, etc.)
- A very high level of integrity and the ability to keep information confidential. No exceptions.
- Experience or desire to work with people from many different backgrounds
- A demonstrated commitment towards advancing issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion preferred
Modeling QBP Core Values:
- Act with integrity
- Be a true partner
- Create something special
- Deliver greatness
- Keep the customer first
- Dates of internship: November 18th, 2019- January 31st, 2020.
- Hours required: Part-time, 15 hours per week average
To apply click Talent Acquisition Intern