Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
University of Minnesota Physicians
As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.
The Physician Recruiting Specialist partners with operational and physician leadership to meet UMPhysicians hiring needs for Clinical Physicians and other specialty providers for affiliated practices across the Twin Cities metro and greater Minnesota.
This role partners closely with internal and external stakeholders to manage the end-to-end recruitment process for provider level positions. In partnership with the Director of Talent Acquisition, UMPhysicians leadership team and M Health Service Line leadership, the Physician Recruiting Specialist will be responsible for end to end recruitment workflow.
This position will also work closely with UMPhysicians and M Health leadership teams to optimize systems, develop enhanced processes and screening tools, and expand reporting capabilities for functional and executive leadership stakeholders. Finally, the Physician Recruiting Specialist will develop a proactive, evidence-based sourcing and talent pipeline strategy for key positions and specialties.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts full life-cycle recruitment activities which include: recruitment strategy sessions with Hiring Manager, candidate screening, interview management, offer determination and extension to candidates.
- Facilitates and supports timely delivery and execution of credentialing, payer enrollment, and on-boarding procedures for hired candidates.
- Cultivates and sustains strong relationships with the operational leadership, Clinic Managers, physician leadership, HR Business Partners and others involved in the recruitment process at multiple levels within the organization.
- Prepare and execute recruitment strategies and counsel managers on all aspects of the hiring process
- Collaborate with Sourcing Specialists to proactively source candidates using a multitude of methods including internet sourcing tools, networking, career fairs, colleges outreach, and targeted ad placements.
- Develop and articulate an employee value proposition for positions and specialties supported
- Develop and leverage talent pipeline including residency and fellowship programs within the Medical School
- Ensure recruitment strategies align with organizational and department level goals and budgets
- Develops appropriate screening processes, interview guides, and communication templates to ensure timely, effective candidate management and selection.
- Continually review and advise on process improvement opportunities related to processes, approvals, and hiring effectiveness
- Uses Workday to deliver hiring effectiveness reports and metrics around positions, candidates, and sourcing that can be used internally for resource allocation, prioritization, and financial planning.
- Collaborates with Director of Talent Acquisition, Manager of Physician and Provider Recruitment, HR team, Provider Enrollment, Operations leadership and others to improve processes and communication surrounding hiring, onboarding, and credentialing for Providers.
The minimum qualifications for this role are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years full cycle recruitment experience;
- 3+ years full cycle recruitment experience in a health care environment
- Proven ability to solve complex problems and work in a highly complex organization
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office products
- Expertise working with industry specific HRIS and ATS systems
- Nuanced knowledge of employment laws
- Knowledge of Affirmative Action Plan management requirements
- Knowledge of licensing/certification requirements for physicians
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Proven ability to precisely follow record-keeping procedures and use judgment in uncertain situations
Preferred qualifications include:
- Master’s Degree in HR Administration or related area.
- PHR or SPHR Certification
- Knowledge of UMP systems, policies, and organization.
- Workday HCM, HRIS, ATS, LMS experience
- Previous experience recruiting Physicians or APPs in a hospital or clinic setting
- Proven experience building talent pipelines
UMPhysicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
UMPhysicians has deep roots in the University of Minnesota Medical School, which has trained physicians since 1888. In 1997, 18 separate practice groups of physicians at the University united to form University of Minnesota Physicians.
Today UMPhysicians is an independent nonprofit governed by a board of directors. We own and manage more than 50 specialty clinics and five family medicine clinics and employ more than 900 physicians and 1,600 health professionals and staff. UMPhysicians contributes a significant portion of operating revenue to support the Medical School’s research and education priorities.
To apply click Physician Recruiting Specialist