Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Diversity Recruiting Lead for 3M Human Resources - Talent Acquisition in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Diversity Recruiting Lead will be responsible for developing strategic diversity recruiting initiatives and plans to execute against those priorities.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Event presence: Develop and execute plans for 3M presence at all diversity recruiting events
- Proactively leverage sponsored events to advance 3M employment brand and recruiting goals
- Show Logistics support and budget management
- Project management of all National Conferences and Diversity recruiting events and programs
- Develop and lead execution of (overall) diversity recruiting program plan
- Develop and lead project plan for each event – includes attendees, hiring organization involvement, pre-event communications (internal and external), event activities (panels, speakers, hosted events, etc.), preparation of team, assignment of roles, use of recruiting technology, on site leadership, post-event communications (internal and external), status and tracking results.
- Vendor management for on-site event services partner
- General requisition management for including Sourcing and Pipeline activities based on functional goals (both campus and event)
- Support diversity focus channel development for experienced hiring across the company
- Develop and lead diversity recruiting program and initiatives
- Primary diversity recruiting liaison at 3M. Partner with internal and external organizations to create, as well as proposes recommendations related to the appropriate sponsorship level and opportunities
- Participate in development of 3Mgives Diversity Education Budget
- External relationships: Build and maintain relationships with key diversity organizations to provide 3M access to top talent
- Internal relationships: Build and maintain relationships with 3M organizations to partner for effective diversity recruiting
- Employee Resource Engagement
- 3Mgives, Diversity & Inclusion, University Program leaders, hiring managers, etc.
- Work closely with US Talent Acquisition to establish a process to track candidate activity following events
- Exercise discretion in matters of confidentiality
- Protect the corporation and assure 3M values and policies are upheld and complied to, as well as that 3M processes are implemented as appropriate. Ensure compliance with 3M Business Conduct Policies and other policies, and teach and act as an example of uncompromising ethics. Ensure local legislation is complied with at all times
- Serve as representative of the work group or team to management as appropriate
- Actively participate in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, comply with professional and quality standards, comply with corporate policies and procedures, and act in a manner consistent with 3M’s values and ethical standards.
- Negotiate recruiting sponsorships, create career fair social media advertisements with branding, set up vendor and booth management, develop and implement the pre/post recruiting strategy.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Possess a Bachelor's degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in human resources and/or talent acquisition in private, public, government, or military environment
- Event management experience
- Experience working with National Diversity Organizations
- Experience working with diversity events and/or initiatives
- Budget Management experience
- Vendor Management experience
- Experience working with recruiting events
- Master’s degree / MBA or higher from an accredited university
- Three (3) or more years of event planning/project management experience
- Three (3) or more years recruiting experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with various levels of leadership
- Self-starter/self-directed that leads with high energy and passion
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Results oriented with strong process and execution skills
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams and across multiple functions and disciplines
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to multiple audiences
- Ability to engage and influence others to achieve desired result
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle large workloads under time constraints
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 30% travel (travel will be heavily required in the fall).
Relocation: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
To apply click Diversity Recruiting Lead