Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
The Recruiter is responsible for performing full-cycle recruiting on a professional level and works as a partner on a small HR team. This position supports a field of 50+ union and non-union retail locations in MN, WI, and FL with approximately 3800 employees.
Nature and Scope
While adhering to policy and procedure along with federal and state laws regarding employment practice the recruiter is responsible for sourcing solutions that drive retention and lower turnover.
- Partner with hiring the hiring manager to determine staffing needs
- Lead strategic recruiting and sourcing efforts for a variety of departments, including but not limited to retail, professional, management, and corporate partners
- Create, edit and manage job requisitions
- Publish online job postings
- Utilize social media to find talent and increase brand awareness.
- Develop and maintain an excellent relationship with internal and external applicants to ensure achievement of staffing goals
- Provide full-cycle recruiting
- Leverage traditional and nontraditional resources
- Act as liaison with area employment and advertising agencies
- Build community relationships
- Use the applicant tracking system to accomplish goals
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Coach and mentor optimal interview skills to hire quality candidates to reduce turnover
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This position operates in a professional office environment.
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- The incumbent may sit for long periods of time at a desk or computer terminal.
- The incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, mobile phone, and other office equipment in the course of a normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting and reaching may be required in the completion of job duties.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of area travel may be expected
- Critical Evaluation Skills
- Full cycle recruiting
- Relationship Management
- Bachelor's degree
- Must have minimum of 1 year recruiting / staffing experience in fast pace, high volume staffing / recruiting companies.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong technical skills; adaptable to various software systems
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proven teamwork ability
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi - task
- Motivated, goal-oriented and proven self-initiative
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to adjust well to changing circumstances
- Working knowledge of employment, labor laws
- Ability to influence without authority
- Experience with Workday is preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Jerry’s Enterprises, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit the store to which you are applying.
How We Started:
In 1947 at Grandview Market in Edina, Jerry Paulsen was the neighborhood butcher, the kind of man who knew all of his customers by name and cut their steaks and chops to order. At Jerry’s meat counter, there was no such thing as self-service. You got full service and you always got what you wanted and a little more. As luck would have it, one day the Grandview Market was put up for sale and Jerry seized the opportunity to make it his own. What Jerry saw was the possibility to deliver the kind of personalized service he dreamed of, so he jumped at the chance and opened Jerry’s Lucky Dollar.
Jerry’s Lucky Dollar continued to grow and expand into a full-service grocery store known far and wide for its incredible meat and seafood department. In time, the market became known simply as Jerry’s Foods and stores were added in Eden Prairie, Minnesota and Sanibel Island, Florida under the Jerry’s Foods Banners. Jerry Paulsen continued to work at the Edina store well into his eighties, until he passed away in 2013.
Today, each Jerry’s Foods store is an integral part of their neighborhood. From specialty foods that reflect their locations, to hiring practices and services, Jerry’s Foods has remained committed to sustaining Jerry Paulsen’s dedication to personalized service, his passion for food, and the importance of a family work environment.
Who We Have Become:
Jerry’s Enterprises, Inc. has a unique commitment to the customer and a strong history of excellence. For over 50 years we have been your neighbor, serving you, the purposeful, family-focused and smart shopper. Our customers are our top priority, and our friendly staff works hard to make sure your shopping experience is exceptional. Our food market is determined to deliver quality perishables, convenience, competitive pricing, and an authentic neighborhood experience. We make it easy to shop local, eat healthy, go organic and enjoy fresh food!
To apply click Corporate Recruiter