Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Responsible for recruiting for high volume positions, executing pre-employment processes and supporting talent acquisition strategies for IRET. Primary contact for candidates and hiring managers, guiding all involved parties through the recruitment and pre-employment processes. Tracks recruiting and talent acquisition trends to ensure IRET implements and maintains best practices.
Follows already established procedures, but expected to make suggestions to optimize processes, systems and tools. Generally given guidance, but expected to be self-directed once trained. Able to manage multiple requisitions in various stages of completion, follow instructions, prioritize duties, and comply with deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for setup and maintenance of IRET’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS) – UltiPro.
- Primary resource and responsible for training hiring managers in use of UltiPro Recruiting and Onboarding.
- Primary contact for candidates at all stages of the application and pre-employment process, establishing and maintaining positive relationships while effectively “selling” the company as an employer of choice.
- Assists hiring managers in negotiating and securing job offers.
- Exemplifies IRET’s mission, vision, and guiding principles while effectively conveying them to applicants.
- Responsible for executing job ads, which may include posting and billing ads directly as well as coordinating ad language and appropriate billing methods for hiring managers to post their own ads.
- Develops and manages relationships in partnership with Dir of Talent Acquisition & Development with employment agencies and community organizations.
- Works with hiring managers to determine top advertising sources in their specific regions.
- Works with Marketing to develop relevant and effective job ads and Careers landing page on IRET’s website.
- Responsible for phone screening applicants, which may include performing the phone screens and providing recommendations to the hiring managers as well as providing question sets and instructions/training to hiring managers to perform their own screening.
- Maintains a question bank for on-site interviews to be performed by hiring managers.
- Provides hiring managers with guidance and training for interviewing and selection best practices.
- May assist with interviews, either onsite for geographically nearby regions, or remotely.
- Prepares and sends all offer letters and decline notices for open positions.
- Initiates and processes IRET due diligence for job offers, including background checks. Responsible for gathering any information necessary for IRET to make an informed hiring decision.
- Composes and issues pre-adverse and adverse action letters in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) when an applicant fails to successfully completes IRET’s background check process.
- Responsible for maintaining recruiting records in compliance with all IRET reporting requirements.
- Manages high volume of open requisitions effectively.
- New Hire Documentation
- Create job requisitions at the request of hiring managers.
- Responsible for communicating employee referral records to Payroll for proper payout.
- Communicates all new hire activity and status changes to affected departments.
- Maintains an adequate supply of all pre-employment and new hire supplies, including any hard copies of documents and new hire welcome gifts, and ensures timely arrival of materials to the appropriate office.
- Ensures all items on the new hire checklist are complete and documented appropriately.
- Responsible for set up and maintenance of IRET’s electronic Onboarding process in UltiPro, including communication of process to new hires, and acts as primary resource for and trains hiring managers in use of system.
- Ensures compliance with I-9 and E-verify processes, and works with new hires and the USCIS to resolve any non-confirmations by the assigned deadline.
- May assists with preparing for job fairs, travel, training, etc.
- Assists with various HR projects as needed and assigned.
- Remains current on company policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Promotes affirmative action plan goals and initiatives as requested by management.
Back up for this position is provided Director of Talent Acquisition & Dev and Human Resources staff as assigned.
Travel will be required (10%).
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Standard computer package.
Encouraged to belong to and/or serve on committees of local service clubs, charitable giving programs, merchant associations, Chamber of Commerce, or other business networking groups. Encouraged to participate in service projects, and to establish and maintain contacts within the community to promote IRET.
- Language Skills – Able to read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, summary plan descriptions, benefit plan documents, and procedural manuals. Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence, and the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual must have technical aptitude to include moderate to advanced Word and Adobe. Moderate to advanced ability in Spreadsheet software (Microsoft Excel) is required. Employee should be able to design professional presentations and spreadsheets, evaluate the validity of data, and design/use formulas, pivot tables, tables, charts and other advanced functions. Employee will work extensively in IRET’s HRIS (UltiPro Software) and is expected to be proficient in administration of the Recruiting and Onboarding modules.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Bachelors or better.
2-4 years: Two plus years related experience in Talent Acquisition
To apply click Talent Acquisition Specialist