Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
This position will act as a business partner and work collaboratively with Viking management, associates and the Human Resources team. This position is responsible for the influencing and executing the recruitment strategy across the organization. This will be achieved through the implementation of recruiting plans, employing traditional and social sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas, managing the candidate experience and continued development and maintenance of Viking’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS). This position will be responsible for ensuring that Viking Electric is compliant with government legislation as it relates to Affirmative Action plans (AAP), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and other related areas.
1. Influence ongoing internal and external strategy for talent acquisition, pipeline development, screening, assessments, interviewing, selection and hiring to evolve with our business needs.
2. Execute talent acquisition strategy
- Establish consistent recruitment processes; foster knowledge sharing and use of best practices.
- Understand workforce needs, manager hiring preferences, and organizational culture.
- Update job descriptions, defining required job responsibilities, requirements, core and functional competencies and knowledge, skills, and abilities for each role and incorporates these into interview process.
- Update and create job postings and other recruitment collateral.
- Update and create interviewing guides for HR and hiring managers.
- Work with hiring managers on recruiting planning and hiring process.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Proactively manage the candidate experience.
- Evaluate current as well as research, recommend new creative sources for active and passive candidate recruiting and develop social media strategies.
- Build networks, databases, recruitment sources to find qualified passive candidates.
- Develop a pool of qualified and diverse candidates in advance of need.
- Gauge chemistry of candidate’s culture and skill fit for position and in the market/department and organization.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with college placement offices, alumni, instructors and students. Coordinate and implements college recruitment for internship program.
3. Influence Viking Electric's employer branding, be a brand ambassador, and help raise our profile in the communities that we work and live. Partner with Viking Electric marketing and Sonepar US to execute our employer branding strategy.
4. Efficiently and effectively fill open positions.
- Assist and receive job requisition.
- Post and advertise open positions.
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
- Conduct prescreening phone and in-person interviews.
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Provide coaching and feedback to manager on hiring decision.
- Assist in performing reference and background checks for potential new hires.
- Follow-up with hiring managers and candidates to ensure timeliness of recruitment process.
- Understand compensation and benefits to help influence job offer.
- Assist in preparing and forwarding offer and rejection letters.
- Assist in transitioning new hire to the Onboarding system.
5. Manage all aspects of compliance with OFCCP/AAP/EEO regulation including affirmative action planning, increasing the diversity of the workforce, training, goal setting, and community partnering. Complete EEO-1 and VETS 100 reporting. Ensure compliance with all required employment labor laws.
6. Manage all temporary staffing for Viking Electric.
7. Manage and continue to develop Viking Electric hiring guide.
8. Partner with Sonepar USA to influence the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) for Viking Electric.
9. Report to HR team and management key metrics related to recruitment and staffing. Utilize metrics for talent forecasting.
10. Establish relationships with management, associates, and the HR team that will enable the HR function to be viewed as an integral part of the business. Foster relationships so that new hires utilize HR for their needs and so that management relies on the function to support our business objectives.
11. Partner with HR team members regarding onboarding of new associates and training and development.
12. Partner with other HR team members to work collaboratively to make sure as a team we are meeting the needs of our internal customers and addressing all aspects of the associate’s life cycle.
13. Participates in and follows all Viking policies, guidelines, and procedures (safety, Anti-Harassment, Ethics, etc), and insure that Viking is compliant with federal and state safety-related requirements. Facilitate safety initiatives and compliance within Viking locations designed to promote a safe work environment.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Acts with integrity
- Builds effective relationships
- Communicates effectively
- Creates and leads change
- Develops self and team
- Drives performance and results
- Makes quality decisions
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities effectively and thrive in a fast pace environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage processes and staffing functions within a multi-site, multi-state company.
- Demonstrated effectiveness leading full life cycle recruitment efforts.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to read, analyze and make appropriate decisions based on complex information or data
- Good PC skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Ability to handle confidential information and engages in an ethical manner.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, organization, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and coaching skills.
- Ability to explain information to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional and courteous manner.
- Creative and open to change.
- Understanding of EEO, EEOC, OFFCP, and other employment and labor laws.
- Ability to engage and explain information to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and provide positive and constructive reinforcement and feedback.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience required in Human Resources related area.
- At least 3 years progressive recruitment experience.
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System required.
- Experience with an Onboarding System preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- 25% travel
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet deadlines.
- Working conditions are normally an office environment.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Specialist