Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
The Bernard Group
The Bernard Group is looking for an enthusiastic Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our Human Resources team. This position will acquire new talent externally and help develop a talent pool internally from which to source as needs arise throughout the company.
This is a salaried position that is eligible for performance-based increases as well as a generous benefits package.
A variety of these traits will help land you this job. If you have:
- a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or Communication (required)
- 3+ years of experience in full-cycle talent acquisition across multiple business disciplines
- knowledge of State & Federal employment regulations/laws
- SHRM-CP and/or PHR certification (a plus)
On top of that you must:
- have a solid foundation of working with a wide range of employees from skilled labor to professional-level and executive-level positions
- be technically savvy of HR rules and regulations to ensure adherence and compliance
- make the right call with quality decisions, good judgment and keen problem-solving skills in best assessing candidates’ talents and cultural fit within the TBG organization
- cultivate an innovative succession and development strategy to attract and retain top talent
- drive results, take initiative and be action-oriented
- be accountable and take ownership of work commitments
- collaborate and embrace the “Art of the Team” through every day interactions with TBG’s employees, hiring managers and their teams, and candidates
- drive engagement - have a passion for Excellence and take personal satisfaction at providing an amazing first impression for our candidates as well as an incredible on-boarding experience
- build networks and positive relationships throughout the organization, internally, and externally, and be a TBG ambassador to other professional organizations
- be authentic and act with honor and character
In this position, you will:
- design a talent acquisition strategy which delivers an excellent candidate experience in each stage of the recruitment process including: partnering with hiring managers, defining job requirements, preparing and posting job advertisements, sourcing, candidate engagement and experience, screening, selecting, hiring, and on-boarding
- collaborate with hiring managers and the Total Rewards team to build the job description, define the hiring criteria, and prepare for interviews; dig in to see what each role truly needs for a top notch candidate
- be TBG’s ambassador by telling our story, sharing the unique opportunity of each role, and guiding the candidate through the interview process
- partner with hiring managers to pipeline, source, interview, and hire top talent in collaboration with internal teams; work hard and smart to put 2-3 top choices in front of hiring teams
- source, engage, and nurture relationships amongst the hiring managers and their teams
- keep diversity top of mind and continually seek ways to discover and engage with talent from underrepresented backgrounds to drive our values forward
- expand our employer brand by attending networking opportunities, hiring and recruitment fairs, and technical and professional events
- post open positions, schedule all interviews, conduct reference checks, and follow up with all candidates; take personal satisfaction in creating an amazing experience for the candidate
- partner with HR Manager and Marketing to further our TBG employer brand and continue its evolution to ensure our company’s brand is well-represented in social media such as Glassdoor, LinkedIn, Indeed, Facebook, and all other candidate touch points
- evolve talent operations and programs including tracking our performance improvements by leveraging the appropriate metrics (e.g. days-to-fill, quality-of-hire, cost-of-hire, internal promotion percentages, turnover)
To get hired at The Bernard Group, you MUST be:
- a highly skilled communicator (in English; both written and spoken)
- willing to admit when you make a mistake (it happens to the best of us)
- fiercely loyal to both our customers and teams
- trustworthy, reliable, and easy to get along with
- enthusiastic and eager to take on new challenges
- adaptable and willing to wear whatever hat gets the job done
- We're a 650-person visual merchandising company
- We are 100% employee-owned
- We offer up to four weeks of paid time off after three years of employment
- This is a full-time position in Chanhassen, MN
The Art of Teams at TBG:
Well before General McChrystal wrote his book, Team of Teams, we came to understand how small teams of top talent with the right chemistry will consistently outperform a centralized production process. We put a great amount of energy into building individual teams to handle the speed and details of retail. It’s the difference between average and being a world class service provider.
If you have the talent to do this job, a passion for excellence and are interested in joining the TBG team, please complete the form on this page.
The Bernard Group, Inc.
The Bernard Group is an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity and who remains committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Specialist