Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
American Academy of Neurology
Great People. Great Mission. Great Benefits.
Surround yourself with fun, energetic, and hard-working professionals who are dedicated to helping neurologists worldwide provide the best possible care for their patients. The AAN’s headquarters, built in 2012, is a beautiful, energy-efficient office in downtown Minneapolis’s vibrant Mill District, just steps from the light rail, major bus lines, great parking options, walking/biking paths, and countless dining and entertainment options.
The Talent Acquisition Partner is responsible for achieving staffing goals by effectively implementing full life cycle recruiting and onboarding strategies. This role develops partnerships with hiring managers to ensure talent profiles and service level agreements are well defined. They will develop innovative approaches and draw on best practices to attract qualified candidates for open and anticipated positions, including attending job fairs and networking with community partners, associations, and educational institutions. In addition, may be involved in all aspects of the Talent Acquisition function from operational support to strategy development.
Full Cycle Talent Acquisition / Recruitment
• Works collaboratively with Human Resources Leadership to design and implement long term Talent Acquisition strategies that position AAN as an employer of choice
• Partners with hiring manager to fully understand staffing needs and unique talent requirements resulting in effective recruitment strategies for each position
• Builds strong candidate pipelines through strategic job posting, social media and candidate management
• Conducts phone screens, assesses candidates, and makes interview recommendations
• Participates in job fairs, recruiting conferences, and other networking events to create brand awareness
• Researches and develops community and educational partnerships and makes recommendations on how to best leverage these to advance recruiting efforts
• Partners closely with hiring manger and HR leadership on the development of employment offers
• Manages applicant tracking system and recruitment processes in alignment with our Equal Opportunity commitments
• Schedules and manages interviews with support of HR coordinator
• Completes weekly TA reporting and develops and monitors analytics to support annual acquisition strategies, identifying ways to improve time and cost to fill jobs
• Provides recommendations on HR process enhancements
• Supports employer branding initiatives
• In collaboration with HR team members designs and implements onboarding and orientation programs
• Establishes regular new hire onboarding check ins, reports trends and makes recommendations
• Participate in delivery new employee orientation, as needed
• Provides work direction to employee(s) but is not a direct supervisor. This may include training, project leadership, and/or assigned department initiatives.
This job description may not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or related field is required
• Equivalent combination of additional experience beyond the minimum requirement and/or education may be substituted for degree requirement
• Minimum of 3 years of work-related experience in full life cycle talent acquisition and recruitment required
• Demonstrated experience utilizing an online applicant tracking system required
• Demonstrated experience in handling sensitive, confidential information required
• Using social media to post and source candidates preferred
• Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Understanding of Human Resources recruiting practices, including legal and AA/EOE requirements required
• Fluent in English with outstanding written and verbal communication skills required
• Highly effective interpersonal skills to form strong partnership and successful in influencing others required
• Relevant knowledge on best sourcing mechanism including social media strategies required
• Ability to be flexible in meeting business needs required
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION:
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Travel Requirements: Occasional travel required – approximately 5%. Occasional evening and weekends required.
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Physical Requirements: Standard office setting, with ability to sit for long periods of time, occasional use of stairs; regular use of computer and office equipment, lifting up to 10 lbs. The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If our great people, great mission, and great location weren’t enough, we offer great benefits that work as hard for you as you do for us.
• Twenty-two days of paid personal time off (PTO) in the first year
• Twelve paid holidays per year in addition to PTO
• Company contribution equal to 10.5 percent of salary to AAN employee 401K retirement savings account
• Medical insurance
• Dental insurance (free employee coverage)
• Life and AD&D insurance—premiums covered 100 percent by the AAN
• Long-term disability insurance fully funded—covered 100 percent by the AAN
• Short-term disability insurance fully funded—covered 100 percent by the AAN
• ID theft protection
• Travel insurance
• Flexible spending plan
• Tuition reimbursement
• Parking subsidy
• Dry cleaning (free pickup and delivery)
• Wellness offerings (mindfulness courses, yoga classes, walking/running club)
• On-site workout facility
The American Academy of Neurology is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Partner