Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Description of Company
Barr is a consulting company that integrates engineering and environmental expertise to help clients develop, manage, process, and restore natural resources across North America and around the world. We have been employee owned since 1966 and trace our origins to the early 1900s. Today, we have over 800 employees across the U.S and Canada who work with clients in the mining, power, fuels, public, and manufacturing sectors, as well as attorneys, developers, and others with complex problems.
Why Choose Barr?
If you are looking for an employee-owned company that fosters a collaborative environment, focuses on providing exceptional client service, offers the opportunity to work on challenging projects, and makes employee safety a top priority, Barr is the place for you. In addition to a highly competitive benefits package, we offer mentor and coaching programs to help our employees develop and grow their careers, along with opportunities for volunteering and community involvement.
This position works as part of our corporate human resources team, serving as a recruiter/talent sourcer for Barr’s four business units and corporate HR functions. This person will be responsible for using various channels to look for potential candidates, contacting passive candidates and building talent pipelines for future hiring needs.
The Recruiter/Talent Sourcer will collaborate with the business unit HR Leads, HR Generalists and Stakeholders to develop sourcing strategies. This person is responsible for planning and executing the candidate sourcing process focusing on sourcing, recruiting and engaging new technical staff at all levels in engineering, science, technical and support roles in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Interact with potential candidates on social media and professional networks including LinkedIn
- Craft and send recruiting emails
- Conduct initial phone screens with sourced candidates and offer input to the business unit HR Leads, HR Generalists and Stakeholders on career interests, salary, location and market trends
- Manage LinkedIn job posting slots
- Conduct research to identify, evaluate and prioritize target companies and locations to source from
- Meet and coordinate with business unit Stakeholders, business unit HR Leads and HR Generalists to determine position requirements and sourcing strategies including identifying companies, individuals and professional organizations to target for sourcing opportunities
- Attend business unit staffing and business meetings to learn more about each business unit and to promote ways employees can share open positions with their networks such as LinkedIn
- Identify qualified candidate profiles using various sourcing techniques such as LinkedIn Recruiter and Boolean searches
- Communicate with past applicants regarding new job opportunities
- Develop talent pipelines for future hiring needs
- Measure conversation rates, including numbers of passive candidates who turn into applicants, get invited to interviews, get offers and get hired
- Request referrals from current employees and external networks
- Promote Barr’s employer brand online and offline
- Participate in process improvements and offer input on analytics
- Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques and lead the way in industry best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or equivalent experience
- Four (4) plus years of recruiting and talent sourcing experience related to job responsibilities described above
- Hands on experience with sourcing and networking techniques such as recruiting on social platforms including LinkedIn Recruiter and crafting Boolean search strings
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills to proactively network and build connections
- Experience working with and building sourcing strategies
- Well organized, results oriented, detail oriented with the capacity to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment with a sense of urgency
- Proven ability to self-motivate, work with minimal direction, take initiative, work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to positively present Barr and open positions to potential candidates
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of current federal/state regulations related to employment (i.e. EEOC, OFCCP, etc.)
- Experience in using HRIS and applicant tracking systems
- Strong computer skills with special expertise with Microsoft Office software, especially Word and Excel
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
- Acceptable driving record
- Acceptable criminal background check result
- 7+ years of experience in the recruiting and talent sourcing field
- Advanced knowledge and usage of LinkedIn Recruiter
- Experience with engineering, professional service, or consulting firms with an emphasis on technical recruiting (engineering, scientist, technician roles)
- Experience contacting high-potential prospects through targeted cold calling
Barr is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other lawfully protected status.
To apply click Recruiter - Talent Sourcer