Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Here, you'll help attract, lead, support and reward our most valuable asset: our high caliber people. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
This Contract Senior Recruiter will be responsible for recruitment of candidates across a broad spectrum of mid to senior level positions within United Health Group. At UnitedHealth Group, our Senior Recruiters are Talent Advisors who lead the end-to-end recruitment process and are accountable for talent sourcing and selection, consulting with hiring managers throughout the hiring process, providing detailed assessments for candidates, developing and managing talent pipelines and managing the offer and hiring process.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S., preferably in Minnetonka, MN, as you take on some tough challenges.
- Execute on core recruitment processes as defined by the Service Level Agreement for the role, including managing the process, selection, offer, negotiation, closing and all administrative components
- Provide high-touch candidate care, including dispositioning and engaging candidates as appropriate and in a manner that fosters transparency, simplicity and respect
- Develop and maintain functional talent pipelines which result in top talent hired across United Health Group
- Lead strategic discovery sessions with Hiring Managers in order to build overall understanding of position requirements, department goals, and organization business plan based on service level agreements
- Follow the sourcing process as defined by Talent Acquisition tiered sourcing process, including predetermined sourcing recipe as defined by job family / code
- Utilize digital and video interview platform in combination with telephonic discussions to evaluate candidates utilizing consistent templates and processes, leveraging behavior based interview and assessment techniques
- Consult with hiring managers in evaluating and presenting candidates, offer negotiation, and overall process troubleshooting - including review and consultation of internal salary reference points, market compensation tables, and market intelligence in order to recommend offer package components
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of recruitment related employment laws, which includes underutilization criteria and providing gender and ethnicity information in accordance with regulations
- Clearly articulate the greater than employee value proposition at all times when communicating with candidates and hiring managers
- Develop action plans for aging requisitions and keep management informed of progress against action plans in a timely manner
- Maintain market / business intelligence regarding function and business unit alignment
- Work with Recruiting Coordinator / administrator to initiate offer processing including background and drug screening
- Demonstrate best practices and troubleshoot with team members
- Demonstrate diversity awareness and utilize sourcing techniques that reach diverse population
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Human Resources, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of end-to-end recruitment experience
- Experience recruiting for corporate roles
- Experience recruiting on both a local and national level for a broad range of positions and with varying levels of senior leadership
- Knowledgeable in various employment laws including those of EEO and AA guidelines
- Proficiency in marketing / sourcing techniques to include: internet, cold calling, college alumni, interactive strategies
- Experience developing and managing talent pipelines
- Strong external network within the Twin Cities Human Resources community
- Experience using Taleo or similar applicant tracking system
- Search firm experience
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
T apply click Sr Contract Recruiter