Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands includeRed Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
We are hiring a Manager, College Relations in Bloomington, MN!
As the Manager of College Relations, you are developing and executing the organization’s college recruitment strategy. Our goal is to improve the company’s ability to meet the needs of consumers and customers by recruiting entry level talent from targeted schools and key national partnerships.
In this role, you will build relationships with colleges and universities, continue our positive momentum with our branding and credibility on campus, and strengthen our strategic partnerships.
What you will get from us:
- A seat at the table where you are viewed as a trusted advisor to the organizations you support.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
A day in the life:
- Brands the company as an employer of choice with colleges and universities to build interest in employment opportunities with talented students.
- Develops strong relationships with key school contacts including career services, faculty, student organizations and student to provide a source of potential candidates for internships and entry–level positions.
- Partners with business unit management to align college strategy with business needs and gains support and involvement from business units in college relations activities.
- Develops, manages, delivers and participates in special programs, such as career fair, campus information sessions, employer days, classroom presentations, career services events (e.g. mock interview sessions, resume reviews, career panels and networking events)
- Creates and maintains college candidate recruitment methods, including diversity and MBA recruitment, to acquire quality candidates as well as creating innovative means of attracting top rate people to Schwan’s.
- Manages a campus recruiter to execute college relations strategy, event execution and position recruiting
- Manages within an allocated budget to achieve college relations recruitment goals
- Works proactively to develop and implement a strategy to convert successful interns to full-time hires.
- Conducts pre-qualifying of MBA College applicants (i.e. phone interviewing, reference check, and refers the most qualified applicants for interview to the hiring managers)
- Analyzes past results and conducts appropriate research to maintain an up-to-date file on various colleges and universities to assist in the selection of key schools for future recruiting activities
- Leads the creation of marketing tools to assist in the recruitment process, which include recruitment brochures, placements of ads, etc.
- Willing to travel to meet the needs of the business
Years of Experience:
7+ years business experience and at least 5 years in College Relations or Program Management
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the division, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
- Excellent time management, event management and project management skills
- Strong marketing or PR related experiences; preferably employment branding
- Ability to solve complex problems and take a new perspective using existing solutions.
- CURIOSITY! The intrinsic drive to always be asking questions on how to make the recruiting processes better
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Presentation skills that allow you to prepare and deliver on campus and business leader presentations
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
To apply click Manager Talent Acquisition, College Relations